o n e

its raining really hard today...

no matter how many times i chant the saying my mom used to tell me when I was little.

"rain, rain go away...come again another day."

it doesn't work, its a myth. i learned that the same day.

the rain tread even harder on the roof of the house, it didn't stop for hours, it even continued all the way through the night.

i hate multiple things, if it involves rain...i can't stand it.

↪↩

"guys please settle down! we have a new student, please introduce yourself" the teacher, mrs. hart says.

a short boy, but a bit taller than me walks in the room.

you know them boys that all the girls suddenly get a big crush on...yeah that was gonna be this kid.

"hi, my name is zach herron" he waves with a smile that just screams...i don't have the word yet, but i'll find one for this boy.

"give us an odd fact about yourself and then you can sit by..." she glances up to see who isn't here and who is "kelsey."

kelsey? well, if you wanted a new girlfriend my dude you got yourself one. i thought as i waited for the boy to say his amazing fact.

"i love...rain" he simply said and before sitting down he gave another one of his smiles.

i sigh as i watch the boy give his greetings to kelsey as she gives one of her signature smiles.

you know, the flirtatious one? yeah, that one.

class finally comes to an end and i fling up out of my desk.

thank you lord i cannot sit through another boring hour listen to mrs. hart blabber about history.

"hello, jack right?" a voice came from behind me as i made my way down to the art room.

i turn to see zach herron, the new boy.

"did the curly hair give that away?" i ask sarcastically, "actually yeah" he chuckled.

damn, that was low key adorable, i really can't hide my bisexual-ness at all.

"the principal told me to find you, because we have most of our classes together, besides gym" he says as he looks down at his paper in his hand.

he gives me another smile, i still can't find a word for that damn smile.

"well, i don't have gym right now and the gymnasium is that way" i said pointed back from the way we came.

"okay thanks" he said as he quickly ran hack down the hall.

rain is dumb.

i pass it as it plasters itself against the window that i sit beside.

"new assignment class" mr. johnson says as he sits paper on all of our tables.

"but i haven't finished the last one!" and "ugh" go around the room.

mr. johnson completely ignores them and  continues with "were gonna freestyle drawing the rain."

that's when i groan.

"its april folks let's get to work" he says as he slides back into his desk.

i stare at the window in disgust as the little pockets of water spatter against the window lightly. the rain will end soon.

i smile at the thought as i scribbled down on the the paper little droplets.

↪↩

"that's him?" corbyn ask as he takes a drink of his water bottle.

"yep, the kid who loves rain" i say sarcastically as i scan my notes for my math test.

daniel is scanning the kid as he stands in the lunch line next to some kid, i think his name was chance?

"are you using you gaydar again?" corbyn asked with air quotes around 'gaydar.'

"it worked last time!" he says in defense.

"with who?" i chuckled as i look up at him, i was one of them.

"that chick audrey ended up being a lesbian, i totally called that!" he says as he takes a bite of his apple.

"okay then, what is he?" corbyn asks as he rests his face on his palm.

"umm..." daniel sits their thinking for a minute or two.

"maybe...bisexual?"  he says.

"probably?" corbyn smiles at his boyfriend.

"shut up he's throwing me off, he could be anything right now" daniel shrugs as he stares more intensely at the boy.

he does that smile one last time and the word pops up in my head.

meaning.

he's the kind of person who would show every last emotion through that cute smile of his.

"my ex boyfriend had that smile..."

↪↩

feedback?