▶FIFTEEN◀

"Walk away, just walk away Jack it isn't that hard. Just pick up your feet! Move goddammit! My mind is trying to get me to run but they stand still and my eyes follow every bit of the fire as pictures and little letters become ash. Doing this was supposed to get something off my chest, but instead it sits there. Still. While I'm waiting for my mind to reset and throw Diego in the trash...it simply just keeps replaying the flames over and over again and then it spreads.
Fire treads all around me swallowing me, I don't even scream".

My eyes fling  open and my breathes comes hard.

My head is pounding as if tiny people were beating me. Everywhere vibrates.

Finally I hear nothing but my heart. Its rapid beatings sound louder than my screams.

That's when I realize I was shouting.

Sweat beads are on my body, I finally stand up and make my way to the bathroom.
I look around wondering why Syd hasn't made her way out.

She's not here that's why.

If she was she would become my mom and constantly ask what's wrong and why I was screaming, but she's not here to do that.

As soon as I turn on the cold water I reach in with my hands cupped and then I fling water straight up to my face.

Quickly wiping the water from my face I stare down at the water running. Breathes coming out shakily into my hands.

"Didn't think I'd dream of that one again.." I mumble as I turn the tap off.

"Hey" a voice comes from outside of Jack's window, it lead to the balcony.

It causes jack to fall over and basically go in attack mode, cause for one what type of fucking weirdo throws rocks at your window.

"Oh...Zach that's who".

I open the glass doors slowly and Zach's head pops and up and he smiles nervously at me.

"What are you doing?" I ask as I lean against my window railing. "Um, well foster parents can be annoying and I needed a way out so...I came here?" He says as he looks around slightly.

He's sitting in the tall tree beside our apartments.

"I'm on the third floor how did you get up here?" I say as I look around.

"I can climb a tree Jack, I just can't get down..." He mumbles as he holds onto the tree tighter.

Each floor has a small balcony per apartment area.

I walk out feeling the wet pavement of the balcony on my feet makes me cringe but I continue over to Zach holding the tree for dear life.

I reach out to him since the tree is close to the balcony it isn't hard to pull Zach over and onto the balcony.

"So your looking for somewhere to stay for the night?" I ask and I let Zach in the room.

"If its okay" he mumbles as he says as he peers around the room. In wonder...

"So why are you here again though?" I can't help but ask as I lock the door. "Well I told my foster parents I was going to stay at a friends, which I didn't but now I am so...yeah its a bit complicated" he says.

Its only twelve something since I did go to sleep at like six, maybe seven.

He has his book bag.

"Where can I sleep?" He mumbles as he looks around. "You can sleep in my bed with me if you want" I say as I lead him into my room.

"I don't mind" he says with a smooth like voice. It reminds Jack of when they held hands.

I watch from the corner of my eyes over where Zach slips off his sweatshirt which rides up his T-shirt and reveals his stomach. 

I look away and I ask if Zach wants the wall or the outside.

"Wall" he mumbles as he gets into the bed first.

Then jack second.

"Do you mind if I hug you?" I hear his soft whispers as I finally get comfortable with another body in my bed. "I could go for a cuddle".

I roll over and pull Zach into me. His arms wrap around my torso and mine go around his neck as I play with his hair like last time since I know he enjoys that. "Thanks" I hear him mumble.

He's so quiet tonight..its weird.

"To answer your question, about the rain and memories? Its the Memories...its just the rains fault for always being there".

↪↩

Feedback?