9

When I say Issa's place is huge just know it's an understatement. It's such a beautiful mansion and his parents are very welcoming and wonderful people. I was very happy to see his grandma again and she looked just as excited and happy to see me. The evening was spent Introducing and getting to know each others families. Charllete couldn't stop gushing about how my siblings and I were beautiful kids and my mom was praised for raising us well too.  As much as it was flattering to get all the praise, I couldn't help the uncomfortable atmosphere between Issa and I. He kept his eyes on me all night and I just kept fidgetting. I think my mom noticed and texted me to go to the washrooms where she'd join me in a minute. I realised a breathe I didn't realize I was holding and kindly excused myself.
"What's going on love?" my mom asked concern evident in her voice and features.
" So I got into this huge fight with Adrian over what Issa tried to do during the night of the big art showcase I attended. A, thought I cheated on him, so he cheated on me. Issa wanted to kiss me that night but I pushed him away. Adrian got together with this girl, Karla,  and now I'm confused about now I feel about the two of them together and to top it all off I'm also confused about how I feel about Issa. " I said all this while my mom listened carefully and not interrupting my at all.  She should be given an award for Mother of the Year people!!!
" Oh Honey,  I'm sorry you're in such a situation. I love you so much and it hurts me so much but this is a problem you'll have to face on your own.  Remember I love you bean and I'll support you no matter your decision okay? "
"Okay,  I love you too mom. " I smiled as I hugged her for comfort. I was super glad though that she decided to let me handle this myself because her meddling would have been weird and uncomfortable for me. You know what they say, I was left to my own devices for now.
We finally went back to the rest of the guys and apologized for delaying the start of dinner. We were supposed to hold hands for prayer and I just happened to be sitting in between Lem and Issa. Great. I however knew how important prayer was before dinner so I chose to suck it up and held his hand. Oh kill me, his hand is so soft.  What?  No I didn't mean to say that. His hand is not soft at all.  Denial seemed to be my best friend tonight because I remember when we first entered the mansion,  I looked over at Issa and he looked so handsome I found myself staring at him.  He had his dreadlocks in a messy bun.

  He had his dreadlocks in a messy bun

That's the idea for his messy bun

Throughout the evening and dinner I was throwing him glances that I hoped were subtle and not too obvious.
I got a text from mom that I was being too obvious that dad was starting to notice so I stopped. Concentrating on my plate was no easy task since I couldn't use my phone all the time. After dinner, I accompanied Charllete to her studio so that she could show me her beautiful and ethereal work.

It was so huge I felt like I was in another showcase

It was so huge I felt like I was in another showcase. Beautiful paintings graced the walls and it looked very spacious. The room at school was not this spacious I swear. I found myself spacing out and imagining Issa in this room painting away his warm soft hands. Oh my goodness what is happening to me? Why am I thinking about him all of a sudden. I pulled myself together and decided to enjoy myself instead. Charllete left me to attend a meeting and said I was free to do whatever.
" You know, I think my grandma likes you way too much because she doesn't allow just anybody to play around her studio.  Well except me of course." an all too familiar voice said into my ear.  Issa is standing right behind me and his breath just brushed my ear while he was talking. I think I forgot how to stand for a moment.
"I'm... Um... Huh?" it seems I've also forgotten how to speak.  Shit!  I need to get myself out of this situation now.  Just my luck, I leaned a bit well a lot too hard I felt his chest behind my back. Well shit.  Okay Rio, calm down and get yourself out of here. Good thing I wore vans today, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to run in heels.  As I reached the door,  I heard Issa chuckle to himself.  Beautiful chuckle.
You forgot your purse at the studio." Issa said when he saw me again.  That got me distracted from the video Lem was showing me because it looked like I froze.
"Uh... Yeah thanks?" I held out my hand for him to hand me over my purse but it never came. Instead a hand clammed mine and in seconds I was forced on my feet and swatted away to I don't know where. I found myself in a very teenage looking room and that's when I realized where I was... I was in Issa's bedroom guys. My cheeks immediately became red, thank God I have a bit of melanin otherwise if he noticed I blushed, I would never have lived through it.

"Your favorite color is grey

"Your favorite color is grey. " I said without realizing I spoke out loud.
"Correct." He responded while going over to his bed and laying down.  He glanced at me for a while and a smile crept up his features.
"Why are you avoiding me Rio?" he asks with a hint of seriousness in his voice. I immediately felt myself freeze.
" I'm not going to give back your purse until you tell me why you are avoiding me." He continued to taunt me.  I knew I had my phone with me and my licence, passport, Visa card and my ID were in my school bag pack so I made a run for it. I ran out of the mansion and into my dad's car where Martin, the driver was patiently waiting. I told him to get me out of there and take me home and by the look of desperation on my face, he didn't question me and took me home. Thank God it's Friday. I at least have the weekend to gather my thoughts and feelings. I hope I come to terms with everything that's happened in my life so far. But I know my family is there to help and support me at the end of the day so I'm not afraid. FML though...