Act 4: Scene 2

Comincia dall'inizio

HERMIONE: Love potion.

HARRY (reading the label): "A WonderWitch product."

They approach the crates. RON does his best impression of a young and chipper salesclerk as he lifts the lid and pockets one of the bottles.

RON: "Best range of love potions you'll find anywhere, Ron-ol'-boy. No samples."

RON enjoys the memory. His wide smile is infectious. He looks down the line of crates and supplies, all waiting for the grand opening of their famous joke shop.

Damn, I miss the two of them.

HERMIONE: George is still alive, Ron.

HARRY: Not completely. Part of him was lost — forever. No one should live like that.

HARRY looks suddenly distraught.

Why am I allowed to have a second chance when George...? And after I refused to help Amos...?

He sighs.

It's not fair.

HERMIONE: Yes, it is. Your future was taken from you. The sense of relief we had after the Battle of Hogwarts, the lives you and Ginny had hoped to build for your children. That was stolen, plagiarized, and rewritten by people who never knew the real Harry Potter. And now's our chance to make it right. I truly believe that. We both do.

HERMIONE looks back at RON, who is busy peeking through the different crates.

RON: You want a snack for the journey?

HERMIONE: Ron. We're off sweets.

HARRY: We've got the love potion, mate. In and out, remember?

RON (to HERMIONE): Come on.

HERMIONE takes out the torn book page from her pocket, her stony expression speaking volumes.

Oh, all right.

HERMIONE: Mm-hmm.

RON: Don't worry, I haven't touched anything.

HARRY: Well, there's no time for a tour — we have a lot more to gather. Where to?

HERMIONE: Hogwarts. Fourth Year. I say we Apparate to the grounds and find a good hiding spot in the forest. Then use the Time-Turner. The Triwizard Tournament will be in full swing and we don't want to —

THWAPP! A trapdoor suddenly opens and our heroes plummet to the floor below, shouting as they fall. It's pitch black! We can't see anything, and neither can they.

HERMIONE: Is everyone okay?

HARRY (strained): Yeah, I can't move.

RON: Same here. Something's got hold of me.

HERMIONE: Ronald! What have you done?

There's a silence.

Answer me.

RON: I, uh, I opened a package of sweets. Something which has — in all my years on this planet — never been a particularly dangerous activity. I only took one — for Hugo. I think it's a Puking Pastille or something similarly vomit-inducing.

HARRY (with chagrin): Ron...

HERMIONE: Fantastic! The thoughts that pass through that skull of yours... I swear...!