~3~

Chapter 3: Lifting the veil

Chapter Song: Forbidden Love by Maxchalant and Maiah Manser

"I could look at you forever. A statue made of us together. See right through me, like you knew me"

~
       Mondays would be the death of Isabella Hale. Monday meant she had to face the inevitable, she would have to face Scott McCall. She was not ready to go back to school, she didn't want to be trapped by Scott. She knew that as soon as she talked to him she'd forgive him. She was like putty in his hands which is exactly why she had ignored him the whole weekend.

He had called her thirty times throughout Saturday and Sunday but not a single one was returned. She had felt bad that she didn't give him a chance to explain but she didn't know what else to do except ignore him which had been Allison's advice. She had never experienced something like this before so listening to her friend was her best option.

Allison had offered to beat up the boy when she saw him at school but Isabella had just laughed it off because she knew Allison wouldn't, the most she'd do was glare and make snarky comments.

Lydia on the other hand was a whole other story, she was the bold best friend. The one who didn't take people hurting her friends lightly. She was the one Scott should have been scared of, she wasn't a werewolf but she definitely had claws. Her mission that day was to keep Isabella away from Scott McCall, she had given him a shot to be popular and he wasted it.

Isabella had a feeling of dread in her stomach as Allison drove her to school. She had almost all her classes with Scott and it was going to be awkward for her to say the least. Isabella had been smacked in the arm by Allison several times for biting her nails in anticipation, Allison didn't want her to ruin the nails she had painted last night.

As Allison's Mazda arrived in the school parking lot there had been only one parking spot available, a parking spot that made Isabella choke on air. Allison looked at her friend sympathetically before pulling into the spot, there wasn't anyway around it. It was the only spot available, a spot right next to the baby blue Jeep of Stiles Stilinski; Scott's best friend.

As soon as the car was parked Isabella threw her arms out on the dash dramatically and let her head fall with it before mumbling out angrily, " Of all the parking spaces."

Allison looked over at Isabella with sympathy before shrugging her shoulders," At least they're not in the jeep."

Isabella's head shot up and she twisted around to look at the Jeep. She let out a sigh of relief when the Jeep was in fact empty and the boys were nowhere near the vehicle.

Isabella looked over at Allison with a small smile and said, "Yeah, I think I might have died if they were."

Allison rolled her eyes at the blonde who was grabbing her bag from the back seat as she pulled the keys out of the ignition, "You wouldn't have died."