~22~

Chapter 22: Biting the Dust: Formal Style

Chapter Song: Can I Have This Dance (Cover) by Lucy Thomas and Will Callan

"Keep your eyes locked on mine and let the music be your guide. Now, won't you promise me to never forgot to keep dancing where ever we go next."

~
               The formal..the night Isabella was supposed to feel most happy but, why did she have a bad feeling? She couldn't shake it ever since Jackson picked her up. The whole drive to Beacon Hills High, she had felt like she couldn't breathe. Maybe, it was the fact that she was now sitting in the parking lot of her school going to her first ever dance. Oh god, she thought, that must be it.

Just nerves for her first dance. It could have also been nerves to dance with Scott, if she didn't embarrass herself right away. She knew she would step on a toe or two when she got lost in those chocolate brown eyes.

Jackson and Isabella were sitting in the Porsche, watching as people walked in. Everyone looked so dolled up and it was actually nice to see. Usually it was only Allison, Lydia and Isabella who dressed really fancy. Well, Isabella only did it because Lydia forced her. She would rather wear sweatpants to school everyday.

Jackson reached into his pocket and pulled out a flask of alcohol, taking a swig of it. Isabella couldn't tell or smell what it was so, she had no idea what he was drinking. Jackson caught her looking at him and tilted the flask towards her, asking if she wanted a drink.

Isabella shook her head and waved her hand, rejecting the drink, " No thanks, I'm good. Won't do anything anyways."

Jackson gave her a confused look," What do you mean?"

"I mean," Isabella paused pointing to the flask in his hand," Alcohol, No get Izzy drunk because Izzy is werewolf." Isabella said in her dumbest sounding voice.

Jackson looked down to the flask with wide eyes,"You can't get drunk as a werewolf?"

"Nope. Tried it a bunch of times." Isabella said with a sigh at the end.

Jackson screwed the flask cap back on and stuffed it in his jacket before he looked at Isabella with a smile, "Ready?"

" Uh yeah, just let me fix my lipstick." Isabella said smiling sweetly.

Jackson nodded his head before unbuckling his seatbelt and jumping out of the car. Isabella pulled down the passenger seat mirror and grabbed her lipstick out of her pink clutch, applying it to her lips. Isabella puckered her lips to make sure it was on every inch and put it away. As she put the mirror back up, she caught sight of something on the roof of the school.

A smirk grew on her face as she realized who it was, it was Scott. He even had a tux on and everything. Stiles told her that Scott didn't have one and that if he was going to come he had to ride his bike. She liked the effort he put in to get a last minute tux and to ride all the way there.