~7~

Chapter 7: Shot

Chapter Song: I found by Amber Run

"I'll use you as a warning sign. That if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind."

~
    Derek and Isabella's conversation about her date hadn't been as bad as she expected it to be. All he had asked was if she had a good time and if Scott had treated her well. After asking only two questions he had let her escape to her room, it was weird. Isabella had been suspicious, but she let it slide. She was glad he didn't push her further no matter how weird it was. She was relived of a lot of embarrassment because of it.

At the moment, Isabella was in her bathroom brushing her teeth and preparing to sleep. While doing so she heard the front door slam aggressively. She stopped brushing he teeth and paused in place with her toothbrush hanging out of her mouth.

"Derek!" Scott's voice rang throughout her house as he shouted for her father.

Isabella rolled her eyes in annoyance. She sighed heavily and took the toothbrush out of her mouth. She calmly set it down on the counter and spit into the sink before wiping her mouth. She did not have the energy for what was about to happen. Isabella sluggishly walked out her bathroom and out the door of her room. She wanted to know why Scott had come back this late at night despite how tired she was.

" I know you're here! I know what you did!" He shouted again.

Isabella was confused as to what her father had done. If Scott was still going on about the man on the bus she swore she'd throw him down the stairs. Isabella was walking down the hall preparing to confront him when she felt a hand on her shoulder. Isabella looked behind her to see her father with a finger pressed to his lips.

Derek pushed his daughter behind him and walked to the edge of the hallway, effectively staying out of Scott's sight. Isabella walked closer to Derek and stood behind him silently, she wanted to see what this was all about.

"I didn't do anything." Derek insisted and he continued to stand just outside of Scott's view.

Isabella heard Scott walk forward and take a step on the creaking stairs, " You killed him."

Isabella walked forward and stood next to Derek, hidden from sight just like him. She was giving him a harsh quizzical look. He simply shook his head at her and turned away from her gaze. She didn't understand what was happening.

What was Scott talking about? The man who had been attacked was still alive, according to what Isabella knew, so she had no idea who Scott was referring to.

" He died." Derek simply said with a shrug of his shoulders.

This is exactly why he thought Scott was immature and childish, he jumped to conclusions. He blamed everything on one thing when he didn't even understand the true gravity of the situations in front of him.