~13~

Chapter 13: Flashing Memories

Chapter Song: Broken Home by 5 Seconds of Summer

"She would hope, she would pray, she was waiting it out. Holding on to a dream while she watches these walls fall down."

~
Isabella's head was still tucked into her legs and she was blocking out the noise of Scott and Stiles. She could hear them struggling to do something at the door, but she had no idea what they were saying. She tried looking up once, but her eyes were still too blurry with tears to even see anything and her hearing wasn't at it's best, her mind was too clouded by her sadness to do anything. She still couldn't believe Derek was dead. Well, at least he looked dead. There was so much blood coming out of him, especially from the mouth. There was no way he wasn't dead.

Derek was the only person in her family she had left besides Peter, but he couldn't even do anything. As she had said before, he was fucking useless. He was a vegetable.

Derek was her father, the person who had raised her. He hadn't done it without help but he had been the one to claim her, to give her a real identity. She became a Hale because of him. He was her family and she was his. Isabella just couldn't handle it. She had just lost Laura and now Derek. She was beginning to think that they should have never come to Beacon Hills.

"Izzy! You need to get up. Come on." Isabella felt someone shaking her shoulders. She came out of her thoughts and raised her head. Scott was looking at Isabella with wild eyes as Stiles bounced on his feet behind him, obviously anxious.

Isabella gently shook head and looked down sadly," I can't.."

Scott picked up her head by placing two fingers on her chin and began to talk, but she pushed his hand away from her and shook her head again.

Scott sighed and pleaded with her desperately," Izzy, please. You're gonna die if you stay here."

Isabella looked at him straight in the eye and glared as she said hopelessly, "I'd rather die. I'd be with him."

" Hey, we don't know if he's dead." Stiles said trying to lighten the mood with a smile. Isabella gave him an 'are you serious' look which quickly straightened out his smile.

Scott sighed again and looked around a few times before resting his eyes on her again," Well, if you're not gonna move. I'll move you."

" Wait, wha-" Isabella began to say but was stopped short when she felt two arms gently pick her up from under her knees and carry her bridal style, it was Scott.