~17~

Chapter 17: Pool Water Splashing

Chapter Song: Birds by Kat Cunning

"All of these words building a house in my head. Tearing it down, the wreckage is keeping me up and I can't come down."

~
Allison and Jackson were racing once again in the lanes of the pool and there Isabella was sitting on the edge of the pool with her feet dangling in and her head held low. Isabella was still pretty upset about earlier. Don't get her wrong, Isaac really cheered her up, but she still couldn't shake the sadness from her mind. Those pictures really did hurt Isabella, she understood if Scott was trying to get her back, but that wasn't the way to do it.

Isabella sat there in her blue bikini and kicked the water in front of her as Jackson and Allison came back to the side of the pool she was on.

Allison started laughing as she reached the wall and ran a hand through her wet hair to smooth it back and out of her face, " You beat me again."

Jackson laughs as he comes up and shakes his hair to rid some water out of it," I had an unfair advantage." He paused and pointed to his face," See these cheekbones."

Allison gives him a confused look and shook her head. He laughs again and says," Aerodynamically suited for speed in water."

Isabella stifles a laugh and smiles at Jackson. Jackson had really become one of her best friends. Even though she would have hated to admit it in the beginning of the year, she was not ashamed to say it now.

" Anyway..." Allison said grasping the wall, pulling herself out of the water and standing up next to Isabella's sitting figure, " I promised my Aunt Kate I wouldn't be gone too long, so I have to go."

Isabella groaned at the mention of her Aunt and rolled her eyes, " Do you have to?" Isabella whined.

Since she was having such a bad a day, she really wanted to be with the only two friends besides Isaac who had yet to hurt her and now she couldn't even do that because of Kate.

Allison smiled at Isabella sympathetically before squatting down to give her a quick hug. Allison rests her hand on Isabella's shoulder, looking into her eyes, "Yeah I kind of do, but call me tonight, okay? I'll be there...or meet me at the game? Either one works. "

Isabella gave Allison a small smile and nodded her head sadly as Allison walked off, clutching a towel to her body.

Isabella suddenly felt someone grab her hand that was resting on her side. She looked over to see Jackson holding it.

Jackson latched their hands together and said, "Come on Izzy. Get in. You're not gonna let McCall stop you from having a good time, are you?"

Isabella hesitated for a moment, which to Jackson meant that she didn't want to come in. This resulted in Jackson grabbing her other hand and pulling Isabella into his chest. It effectively brought her into the pool with him.