~24~

Chapter 24: Courage

Chapter Song: Changes by DeJ Loaf

"I've been going through changes. I prayed to got and I made it. Nobody did me no favors. I'm sorry if you can't take it."

~

Scott and Isabella finally had gotten off the floor in the middle of the hallway when some crabby ass woman told them to quote on quote,"Get a room." Isabella wanted to kill her, but that wouldn't be "ethical" Scott had said. She cursed him and his moral ways. She loved it, but in that moment she hated it. She just wanted to scare her a little, okay? Fine, she wanted to kill her, but whatever.

Scott, Stiles, and Isabella were currently sneaking to Lydia's room to check on her. After Isabella blacked out from blood loss, Lydia was bitten by Peter and left to bleed out. Isabella swore if Peter was still alive, she would want to be the one who killed him. Lydia and Isabella weren't always on good terms, but she was still her best friend.

When they reached Lydia's room, Isabella grabbed the door handle and looked both ways down the hall to make sure no one saw them before quickly opening the door to shuffle inside. Scott came in behind her, followed by Stiles who fell to the floor and tried to shut the door super quietly. Isabella had no idea why he had to be so dramatic about it. There were no heartbeats near them except for their own and Lydia's, but she wasn't gonna tell him that because quite frankly it was funny.

The door creaked every time Stiles pushed it closer to being shut. Stiles finally, with one last push and a incredibly funny wince on his face shut the door.

Scott had a very similar wince on his face as Isabella turned to look at him and gave him an "Are you serious?" look. She couldn't believe he was acting just like Stiles.

No one was going catch them. If Scott would just use his senses then he would know it too, but obviously he wasn't too experienced in using his werewolf senses like Isabella was. Isabella used them all the time, unless she was distracted, like when she first met Scott. She has been so lost in those brown eyes that she didn't even notice he was a werewolf too. That was a low day for her as a werewolf.

Isabella was broken out her thoughts when Scott grabbed her hand and started pulling her with him to Lydia's bed.

Isabella looked at Lydia as she lied there with her eyes closed and bruises all down her arm. She felt ashamed looking at her. She could've stopped that if she wasn't such a horrible werewolf. She couldn't do anything right. She should have saved her... now Lydia was going to be like her or worse she was going to die if her body rejected the bite. Either way Lydia was screwed.

She watched as Scott lifted up Lydia's bandage that was on her right hip. When Scott lifted it up, Isabella winced and tears gathered in her eyes. Lydia didn't deserve this! Why couldn't Isabella fucking fight for herself? She felt so stupid! Some werewolf she was, she felt more like a small dog who didn't know how to protect itself.