29

"Well, fuck

"Well, fuck."

-

*The next day, outside the Neibolt house*

As Richie smashes a glass bottle, making it practically useless, Wren continuously reassures Eddie.

"We're gonna be fine," she insists.

He swallows, "Yeah, we better be. You made a promise— a-and you know I hate liars. Like my mom."

"You don't hate your mom," she frowns. "She messed up for lying to you, but she can't help that she's so protective. Her manipulating was unnecessary— you shouldn't hate her though."

Eddie smiles a little.

"Okay, but I still hate liars."

"Yeah," she grins. "Good thing I plan to keep my promise."

Without even thinking, Wren leans in and places a soft kiss against Eddie's lips. He returns it within a matter of seconds— enjoying the way her lips mold perfectly against his own. The two love birds completely ignore Richie's fake gags, and Mike's wolf whistles.

Maybe they are just kids, but one thing about them is undeniable. They truly love each other, and no one can stop that.

"A-Alright, enough k-k-kissing you two. Bev n-needs us," Bill interrupts, pushing between the two with a teasing grin.

Ben nods in agreement. "We have to hurry."

With that, the losers begin to rush up the stairs, into the house. The same house Eddie broke his arm in. The same one Richie found his missing poster in. The same one Bill realized the true meaning of fear— and how it's not really there unless you believe it is.

"W-Wait!" Stan shouts, halting the losers mid-step. "Sh-Shouldn't—"

"W-We all have to go in S-S-Stan," Bill states with a look of reassurance. "We're stronger together. P-Promise that we won't l-let anything hurt you."

Wren steps to the curly-haired boy, and lightly placed a hand on his shoulder. Her smile tells him that he'll be okay. And without another word said, they all continue inside— Eddie's hand locked in Wren's, with Stan following closely behind the two.

The teens prepare for an experience they'd never forget.