1

"I spend most nights at home falling in love with the idea of you

"I spend most nights at home falling in love with the idea of you."

-

Less than five minutes after the bell, the hall is buzzing with kids eager to start their summer.

Wren "Bee" Hutsbee cleans her locker out with just as much enthusiasm as the other kids.

'This summer is gonna be great!'

She continuously reminds herself.

'No more, Nicole!'

As she pulls her belongings from her locker, she is forced to listen to the blabbing of her awful friend Nicole Tussle. Nicole is going on about some guys party, and how Wren should totally show up.

"C'mon Bee, you'd totally dig it," Nicole insists, pulling out a small mirror from her pocket, and checking her lipstick.

Wren rolls her eyes.

"You know that isn't my scene, Nicole," she humbly replies.

Nicole huffs in response, and crosses her arms, "it could be if you stopped swooning over that loser, Bill Denbrough!"

Wren's heart thumps in her chest as she embarrassedly attempts to cover up Nicole's loud voice. Either way, it's not like nobody knew about Bee's crush. It's just a harmless crush, and no one even seemed to care. Everyone in Derry is too self-centered to pay mind to anyone other than themselves.

Still, Wren wouldn't be caught dead admitting her feelings for anyone.

"Shut your trap, Nicole! I told you not to say that crap out loud– and he isn't a loser!" Wren defends, jabbing her finger into the prissy girl's arm. Nicole squeals, and holds her arm over dramatically.

"He is too," she insists, "and so are all his little pervy friends!"

"Whatever," Wren rolls her eyes, "I'm still not going to that party."

Nicole sighs loudly before turning and walking down the hallway. Wren shuts her locker, and follows after the blonde girl. She then reaches into her pocket for her car keys, as Nicole continues to discuss the party.

"I heard Peter Wilson is gonna be there, I heard he's got the hots for you. Bill's a whole year younger than you, you should really start dating guys our age— " Nicole mindlessly blabs, "–oh, yeah! Did you bring your car today?"

Wren simply holds out her keys.

Despite being 15 years old, Wren has already gotten her drivers license. How's this? Well, to be clear, it's a hardship license. A license attainable if you have no other means of transportation, or if your parental guardian is unable to drive you to and from work/school.