Chapter 19: The Paths Unknown

Smash!

Glasses were thrown viciously on the floor as Disha stood barefoot on the shattered pieces of glass, scattered all over her living room. Since lately she has been keeping MaNan scenes under her surveillance when her flared eyes were suddenly locked on her television screen watching the episode of MaNan's make out. As soon as Niti fell right on Parth's chest, Disha's lungs from her bosoms exploded when she screamed watching Parth sensuously making love to Niti's neck. Disha's heart was bursting in flames of agony and her eyes scowled down to Parth's hand slithering to Niti's naked waist. Disha's envious glances to MaNan's foreplay were the clincher to affirm that Parth never made love to her like that. In fact, all this time he was her boyfriend, he never seemed to retaliate the fervour of Disha's seduction. Even his kisses were jet pecks rather than slow French smooches like how Disha used to yearned for. Only the few first physical make outs were merit to remember.

Disha was beguiled when she realized Parth may have intentionally concealed the script from her. She was already assured that Parth was having second thoughts on their relationship and getting acquiesced to their commitment. Disha bounced back, her heart sank and her feet became torpid when her spiritless body no longer supported her weight. She fell right on one of the broken glass piece, sharp as knife which cut through her skin, causing her white marble to be stained in blood. But, she did not have affliction of her wounded ankle because the tribulation in her heart caused by Parth and Niti was much greater than the gash from the glass. Tears falling freely from her eyes, she started chuckling melancholically. She wiped her blood off from her feet and hunched close to the television screen.

"Fine Niti, You like to put your hands in fire, then be ready to get burn." Disha whispered venomously, her throat croaky from her raging emotions. "I'll make you so weak that you won't even realize whether you exist or not." She spoke and there was something sinister about her tone. Disha wiped her tears with the same hand she wiped her blood from and promised to herself that she would destroy Niti. Somewhere deep in her mind she knew that Parth was equally responsible to act so amorously but the violent winds hurling in the chaos of her heartbreak numbed her lucidity and she threw all the blames of Parth's response on Niti.

Disha got up and walked swiftly to her room and called up someone. That night, Disha didn't even care to call Parth either. Her ego was overblown with hatred for Niti that Disha could no longer receded her anger, but pledged to revert back in her own style. The silence in her demeanor was a forewarning of an upcoming doom.

The next day at shoot, Parth seemed to be more content with MaNan's success. He was escalated to see enormous responses on his social networking site. All the fans from all over the world have been sending good wishes, cakes, cards, even presents. Parth was being so thankful for such recognition which he never received earlier in his career. The abundance of love he and Niti were gaining has never been so precious to them. They certainly knew that they appertained to a huge fan group which no other actor in the industry has ever belonged to. While he craved for more praise, he immediately checked to see his Instragram where he saw a lot of fans posting about MaNan's kissing scene. As he scrolled down to see more posts, his eyes flashed on an argument between Disha and PaNi fans. At first, he couldn't understand the proclamation they were making, but as he read through more comments, he came across some fans apprising him on the bluntness of Disha censuring MaNan's neck kiss. However, Disha wasn't the only one pestering fans on being immature and not knowing the facts between real and reel, a lot of the PaNi fans were equally thrashing Disha's image of being the third wheel between Parth and Niti and asked her to get lost. Such outburst from fans were widely promulgated on social sites to which Disha felt insulted for.

Just then, Parth realized that Disha hasn't messaged him since the night of the episode aired. He knew she was immensely hurt by the outbreak of such insults to her. He was culpable because he didn't let her know ahead of time like he always did, but the script was only made that day. Parth's emotions were muddled. He never wanted to hurt Disha in any way, he wanted to conciliate her with all the things she has desired for, but somewhere he was not proportionally satisfied with the way their relationship was cruising towards. To avoid exaggerating the chaos between fans and Disha, Parth decided to request Richa to allow Disha on the sets during the kissing scene. Although he made a dubious decision, but to keep her on leash he had to fulfill her demand. Unsatisfied Richa mellowed down for the sake of success Parth has given to MaNan and accepted his appeal.

"But... only on one condition. Make sure your 'friend' doesn't interrupt any parts of the scene we script and the 'things' you and Niti unscript". Richa sarcastically put her command up front and winked.

The instant embarrassment was visible on Parth's face when he looked elsewhere, trying to avoid Richa's eyes who invisibly, but bluntly unveiling the true feelings Parth and Niti always put in their scenes. They don't have to rehearse on anything. To many on the sets it seems like, Parth and Niti actually makes the script on the scene and then it gets written down on the paper later for documented.

Next morning Parth went to meet Disha. As he was about to knock on the door, he realized it was already open.

"Disha?" Parth's voice waned down as he barged in her apartment and looked at Disha who surprisingly sat so calm on her white fluffy sofa with a drink in her hand.

"Oh hey Parth" she stood up, still in her night gown, tottering towards Parth. Her bare long slender leg slipped off her silky black robe as her gown was barely covering her entire body. She was only in her bra and panties. Out of guilt, Parth was unable to meet her eyes. He excused himself to the kitchen to grab a glass of water, while she realized she should change into her normal outfit, but Disha drew closer to Parth and offered him a cup of coffee instead.

"So do you want it?". Disha was moaning. Her attitude was coquettish. She then bit on his ear gently and glided her soft, feathery hand passing down towards his belt, almost ready to unbutton his shirt. Disha was high on her drinks since the morning and was unable to restrain herself from getting close to Parth. It was unambiguous from her sexual tension that Parth hasn't made love to her in decades. But the truth was that none of Disha's seductive tricks were working and none of her physical assets were appealing to Parth, not anymore. This was an indication of an impending doom unintentionally fueled by Niti causing a raging storm in Disha. She muted for a second as she was peeved at being rejected again. Then, swiftly cloaked herself in her night gown.

"Argh! This stupid headache." She was nettled and disheartened because her loss could be easily deciphered.

"Would you mind telling why have you come then?" Disha sounded as if intercourse was one thing they have always done besides other things which they should have concentrated on; such as their interactions on emotional levels.

"Disha, I want you to come to the sets tomorrow. Niti and I will be kissing." Parth informed inadvertently.

"Is my morning getting any better?" Disha mumbled to herself, her heart thudding painfully, but she kept her face neutral and instead chose to roll her eyes and say, "Correction Parth, I hope you meant to say Manik and Nandini."

"Well yes exactly. I meant to say just that." Parth hedged on the correction he wanted to avoid while his guilt intensifying even more.

"I'll see you soon then." said Parth and he flew off in a speed of light without caring to look at the bandaged ankle. For a whole minute she kept staring at the door through which he escaped, her head spinning as she felt herself consumed by the flames of grief but then she snapped out of it and started to devise a new scheme to build the rift between Parth and Niti.

The next morning at the studio, Niti came early as usual and waited impatiently to meet Parth. She wanted to discuss the kissing details and maybe rehearse before performing their final shots. Although, Niti wasn't nervous on the fact that their kissing scene was going to air on television, but she was paranoid that she was going to succumb and let Parth unleash the desires she was knitting all this while. The thirst of wanting his body and soul to compress against hers and make love to each of her senses that took away the pain she embittered by her past. She was setting figment of imaginations when she heard Richa calling Parth from the outside of the parking lot. Niti turned around to look at Parth who was in a loose-fitting gym attire with a messy hair, slightly hovering on his forehead. His chest looked broader and his biceps seemed wider as if she would slip right in his shadow and never be seen.

With a silly smile on her charming face, Niti was busy ogling to Parth as he walked down the street, but when Disha appeared right behind Parth and intertwined her fingers into his, Niti felt as if she had been slapped.

Niti immediately took a step back and pivoted abruptly, fending off to her van without meeting them. Her previous excitement vanished as she sat dolefully in front of the mirror, clinking her bangles, while trying to take deep breaths in an attempt to control the tears threatening to break.

*********

Hello Readers!

Sorry for the late update, but I hope you enjoy the chapter. Don't forget to give me your most awaited feedbacks.