Chapter 3: The Turning Point

The next day on an early morning, Parth and Niti received a call from Richa herself who wanted to ask them to come to the sets as early as possible. It was barely 5:00 am when the phone rang. Niti was on her bed and looked beautiful while sleeping like a baby, all curled up in her blanket. She tossed and turned and then looked at the phone and thought she was dreaming of seeing Richa's call at 5 in the morning. She put the phone away on her side table and glided back to her pillow. Then, in just seconds her phone rang again. She shook her head and looked at the phone with one eye closed. It was Richa calling again which muddled niti even more, she picked up the phone immediately and said "hello" so fast as if she could no longer hold her breathe. "Richa ma'am, what's wrong? Is everything ok? Are you ok? Did something bad happen? Did we lose the show?" Niti asked simultaneously. Richa cooled her down and said "Bus Niti. If you don't let me speak, then how will I tell you?". Niti took a sigh of relief and said, "yes go ahead, I am listening". Then, Richa requested her to come to the sets as soon as possible as she needed to discuss something very important. " I can't say much over the phone, I need to see you and Parth soon in my office" she paused and asked "is that ok?" Niti was not willing to compromise with her sleep, but she wondered if it could be something crucial Richa wants to approach, so she said "sure I'll be there in half an hour". Richa sighed and told her she will wait and hung up. Next, she called Parth, but he didn't pick up her call right away either. Parth was in the club, the music was loud and he gathered around a huge crowd dancing. He couldn't attend the phone call which was consistently vibrating in his pocket. He was so lost with his dance movements, that he didn't realize his phone was about to fall off from his jeans. He glanced at his flashy vibration, he took off his cellphone and saw Richa calling. He excused himself from his friends and went outside to receive her call. He said "hello Richa" he sounded ebullient and happy. Richa complimented him for being so alive at late hour. "I need to meet you now, can you make it to my office?" Richa asked. Parth said "now?" He paused and looked at his watch, it was 5:15am. He said "Are you ok, anything wrong?" Richa laughed and said, "I am glad you didn't ask many questions like Niti. She got really worried when I called her up". Parth smiled and said "Don't you know her by now?" Richa requested if he can skip the party and come to see her as Niti might also be on her way to the office. Parth took a minute and thought about his friends who were partying inside and then, he agreed to come. He informed his friends about the call from his work and left. As soon as Parth was about to leave when an exquisitely manicured hand glided to his and held him back. He stopped and turned around. It was a unknown girl in a red low neck dress which was up to her thighs. Her hair was curled back and glittery. She approached him closely and questioned him if she was going to be ditched again. Parth held her from her slender shoulders and assured her for his rapid return as he needs to go see Richa for something very important. "I'll go now ok?". Parth asked her to grant him the permission to go. She wasn't just unusual friend, but something about her interaction with Parth which spoke volume that they were more than just friends. However, the girl was not fond of Richa since the beginning because Richa had rigorous control over visitors on the sets. She stood there for a minute while seeing Parth scampered to his car.

On his way, Parth wondered about many possibilities of urgency for which Richa had to call them to the office at this hour. He said "I am surely going to sleep on the sets today, if I don't sleep by 6:00 am" and he set his head back on the head seat of his car. On the other hand, Niti reached the office before Parth, bemused. She was about to knock on the door when she realized the door was already open. "Come in, come in" Richa said. Niti came in her normal black pajamas, but still looked like a cute doll. She had half of her hair clipped and half open curled. She sat down and was constantly staring at Richa. "Hahaha, Niti my darling, don't be tensed. I am not here to scare you guys about anything" Richa said while she laughed. Niti didn't smile or said anything because she wasn't so sure why she was called in so early. She asked "where is Parth?". Richa said, "He was a night owl today, partying with friends, he will be here soon" Niti clears her throat and said "ok".