Chapter 12: The Other Woman

Parth stealthily loosened up the blinders to give a fleeting look at Niti's van from his window. The vans stood next to each other, like it always had been the case but the exasperation he was experiencing was something new. Although he knew Utkarsh and Niti had always been good friends, he still felt protective of her, especially since Niti became susceptible about the relationship Parth and Disha shared. His mind was lodged with questions and thoughts that emboldened him to break Niti's tormenting silence, something which he couldn't have done in front of Utkarsh or anyone else, but Niti didn't give him any opportunity to explain either. His frosty eyes were immovable of Niti's van, all he did standing near the window was to count minutes and seconds till he would finally be able to shoot with her.

"I don't know why I think I owe her any explanation, but I need to speak to her somehow." Parth furiously began to heave. "I need to speak to you dammit!" He hammered his hand on the wall in front of him. The urge to have a discussion on the issue appeared farfetched because Niti and Utkarsh didn't seem to show any sign that they would come out from the vanity van anytime soon.

The raging storm in their hearts and the convoluted circumstances left Niti and Parth with an obstructed mind. While Niti was able to conceive and accept her feelings for Parth, she deemed that wasn't an adequate justification to sustain their budding relationship. The mere thought of taking over someone else's love wrecked Niti's soul and she decided to recoil from the image of being the "the other woman" in someone's life. Only way she could expunge the attraction from penetrating in her mind and into her soul was to build the invisible brick wall around her, though her feelings were so deeply ingrained that it was impossible to extract all from her heart. For all that had happened with her in the past could easily send her in a detrimental state, from which she was still recovering when she fell in love with Parth. She didn't love that person, but her young crush manipulated her innocence and provoked her to take regretful and shameful steps. Had it not been Barsha, Niti would have lost all of her remnant reputation. It could have affected her career which was barely emerging when she got an offer to do Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan.

Barsha was Niti's closest friend and to whom Niti could easily rely on. She has been with Niti through her ups and downs and maintained her composure during the most difficult times when Niti wouldn't have able to stand for herself, like what teacher has to do. Barsha wasn't really from the industry, but she did few projects in other sub parts of Indian culture. Her height was about Niti's, she was slightly rotund from the sides of her hips. The hair was thick black, appeared only to the length of her bulky shoulders. Moreover, she wasn't someone who invaded Niti's privacy unless there was some major issues where it became vital for her to interfere. Something like that from her past which almost impeded Niti to fall for anyone else.

Parth was still immersed in Niti's thoughts when a giddy conversation caught his attention. He swiftly peeked through the small window of his Van to discover Utkarsh and Niti coming out from the other van and standing adjacent to his. He felt a pang of regret when he noticed Niti was relishing Utkarsh's absurd jokes. How he missed making her laugh. The change in Niti's attitude didn't surmise him because he could easily see her dreary disappointment clinging to her face. Speedily, Parth lurched out of the van and barricaded their path.

"Hi..! I believe now we can practice before the actual shoot? Parth's eyes were fixed at Niti. She had become such a pivot part of his life. This thought instinctively warmed his heart.

"Dude Parth, why are you always hurrying for everything? It seems like, you just don't know how to act, that's why you need these practices." Utkarsh slurred with some asperity, but Parth could care less. He profoundly ignored his remarks and averted his eyes on Niti who stood still and this time gazed back at him while losing the emotional battle.