Chapter 14: Restoration

Innocuously Parth began to think about the receding emotions pulling back Niti from her usual self whenever she was around him. A sudden suspicion started to build up in Parth's mind when he noticed Niti erratically feigning indifference or at times getting upset at the situation she and Parth had to witness.

Today was a special day, Parth and Niti were having their first interview as MaNan.

They were called in Niti's van since Parth's van was occupied by Utkarsh and Ayaz, already pulling his leg for having to do a separate interview. Niti anomaly detested such behavior from them as it infuriated her to be associated with Parth so casually, knowing he was already dating someone else. Almost everyone on the sets got to know about Disha, only their status remained ambiguous to everyone still, but Niti knew everything.

Parth came in the van where cameraman was already setting up the camera stand in front of them. He glance at Niti who pretended to demoralize his expectation. As he sat next to her, he noticed an inexplicable look on her face. He began to feel afraid as to what she might speak in this interview after what has happened between them during shots. Parth was only in his red vest and beige pants, pretentiously displaying his biceps. Just then, reporters began to congratulate them for the popularity they have gained within short span of time.

"So tell us how has this journey been so far?" A reporter spontaneously asked.

Niti and Parth looked at each other, penitent by showing any happiness, despite of being in a relationship which doesn't exist.

"It has been a great journey, all of us have been good friends. We are very focus in our scenes." Niti replied succinct, but in a placid manner.

Being too focus in the scenes was a quip from Niti as it was never the case in the real sense. Parth obtained a perverse statement from her side and he couldn't dredge the reason behind her feelings she distorted in front of the media. He contemplated her dilemma because he knew something wasn't normal to her. When asked about the same chemistry offscreen, Parth refuted to divulge anything. He glanced at Niti, who looked haggard and nervous with the questions hammering on her head. He replied in a gruff, serious tone.

"Well we are extremely professionals and hardworking. We focus on our scenes, and do our job and that's about it. There is no such thing as chemistry offscreen." Parth discordantly banished the agenda of the reporters which intended to get involved with their personal lives. Being an introvert, it was now more necessary than ever to remain silent for Niti than for his own values and beliefs. Niti made a furtive look at Parth and offered a satisfying smile and then quickly turned away again. In addition, they were also asked about their characters which they embellish through their marvelled skills and hard work. While they conversed about their characters and the story, not once did Parth or Niti assertively look at each other. All Niti was doing was eyeing at the clock and waiting for the time to elapse fast. She was afraid of anymore questions regarding them as a couple. She wasn't ready to justify her stand due to her failed relationship in the past and this newly developed feelings for Parth were pestering her mind. The reporters ended their interview and left. Niti was about to leave too when Parth held her hand.

"Wait Niti." He whispered. "I have been wanting to talk to you."

Niti's heart came to her throat when he swirled and held her tight to him, close enough to feel her breathe. He thrust his head on her as he was not self-reliant and she felt a tear sliding down her face, not being able to escape from his cradled arms around her.

"I know something has been bothering you. I don't even know why am I getting affected by your ignorance, but I want to tell you that Disha and I.." Before Parth could finish his sentence, Disha's name made her feel nauseated and she pushed him away. She leaned against the door and began to shiver. Her gloomy eyes started pouring tears and she covered up her face with her hands. The situation was disorderly getting into a bigger mess and before it can perpetuate to an unlawful act, Niti started to wipe her tears off.

"I can't take this anymore. Do you hear me?" She boorishly screamed at him.

Parth was dumbfound at her breakdown because he never expected her to react like this in front of him. He scrutinized her behavior and grasped she was suffering from unobtainable cure of the mind and the feelings he was unaware of. He began to reduce the gap between them by started to come closer to her.

"Niti...." Parth put his hand on her waist, while the other hand rested on the wall, blocking any chance of her escaping. She slightly pushed him away, placing both of her hands on the middle of his chest, telling him to stop, but Parth stayed put adamantly, gently calming her down. She began to tremble violently when he held her in his arms. Her face was completely immersed in his bulky chest.

"Shshhhh, quiet.. Ok? Everything will be normal. I promise I'll make it ok." He held her face and kissed her cheeks. He told her not to cry for him and took her back in his arms.

There was a sudden knock on the door. A guy from the creative team had been searching for Parth. When Parth asked him the reason through the closed door, the latter announced Disha was looking for him. Niti felt wracked by a sudden jolt and she flinched back, pushing Parth away.

"No, never!!" She wiped her tears and scuffled out of the van.

Parth stood numb for few seconds, when he realized Disha barged in the vanity.

"My goodness! Just how many times am I going to catch you lingering in Niti's van?" She slurred at him.

"This is my last warning and I mean it Parth. From now on, you are keeping your distance from her otherwise you know what I can do. So don't provoke me."

Disha's profanity enraged Parth "What the hell is wrong with you Disha?" He began shouting at her. "We were giving our interviews here, I didn't come by myself." Parth and Disha quibbled for a while, till Disha left in a rage, threatening to destroy Niti's career with the help of Vikas.

Parth wavered in the vanity, recollecting Disha's words of destroying Niti's career. He reminisced of all the moments he and Niti have spent together, but on the other hand, becoming perplex of Niti's inner wounds which he was still unaware of. He was determined on the fact that he needed to make a swift decision, he began to rationalize the issues surrounding around them. He was alert at the possible danger hovering over Niti and he wouldn't let Disha deface MaNan, which was equally established by the hard work of Niti. He gasped in silence and trawled over everything. To be able to rebuttal over the allegations, he made up his mind to be submissive. For Niti's sake, he began to embark on this dreadful journey.