24

I'm riding in our newest pickup with T-dog or as I've been calling him the last few weeks, Theo. We just cleared a house only to find it overran from the outside. We got out of there instantly and now we're back on the road. It's hard moving around constantly but it is what's necessary.

The cars all come to a stop and everyone jumps out. T catches his bag, throwing it over his shoulder and I get my only survival tool; my bow.

Carol takes cover behind our huddle and Carl takes the front. Maggie lays our used and abused map across the hood of her car.

"We got no place left to go." Theo examines it. I nod, stopping behind him and beside Daryl.

"When this herd meets up with this one, we'll be cut off." Maggie demonstrates. Daryl and I exchange a quick look before focusing on the task on hand. "We'll never make it south."

This winter was rough. First after the farm was taken over by the dead, things got out of hand. Rick wasn't himself and we were all adjusting to the new lifestyle. Hell I was. The farm was like a vacation and reality hit us once it was gone. It took a while to get used to my past being.

Now we are all ok. Things can always get better but so far we are just hanging in there. Food was becoming harder to find, while we were lasting days on water. Even when we only find a small amount it always gets split for Lori and Carl first. She is now 8 months pregnant, ready to pop any day. If we don't find somewhere soon I'm afraid of what could happen after the baby is born.

For the most part I would say things are good. We're all alive and that's what matters.

"What would you say? That was about 150 head?" Daryl asks and leans down beside the map.

"That was last week. It could be twice that by now." Glenn points out.

"This river could have delayed them" Hershel points to the river going down the middle of Georgia. "If they move fast we might have a shot to tear right through there."

"Yeah but if this group joins with this group they could spill out this way." Theo says.

"They only thing to do is double back at 27, swing through Greenville." Rick shows what he is talking about.

"We've picked through that already." T says. "It's like we spent the winter going in circles."

"I know" Rick shakes his head in thought. "At Newnan we'll push west. Haven't been through there yet."

"We can't keep going house to house." I run my hand through my hair.

"We need to find someplace to hole up for a few weeks." He agree, looking to Lori who's still sitting in the car.

"All right. It cool if we get to the creek before we head out? Won't take too long." Theo asks Rick and grabs his empty canteen from his pack.

"Knock yourself out." Rick tells him. He nods and I hand him mine to feel up while he's there. Him and a few others go fetch our water while Hershel, Rick, Daryl, and I stay near the vehicles.

"She can't take much more of this moving about." Hershel refers to Lori.

"What else can we do? Let her give birth on the run?" Rick lowers his voice so she doesn't hear him.

"Do you see a way around that?" Hershel lays his hand on Rick's shoulder, leaving him alone with the question to linger in his mind.

"Hey." Daryl calls for us. We both turn around in unison. "While the others wash their panties lets go hunt." He grunts as he fixates an arrow inside his crossbow.