8

I lean up against the back of the Greene's rusty blue truck and wait for everyone else to get ready to go. Rick, Daryl, Hershel, and Shane are composing up a more in depth plan for today's activities. Maggie, Lori, and Maggie's sister, Beth do some around the house work while the rest of us go out for the day.

"How longs this girl been lost?" Hershel asks the other men standing around the truck.

"This'll be day three." Rick says.

"County survey map." Maggie comes outside of the house, a rolled up paper in hand. "Shows everything."

"Perfect, we can finally get this thing organized. We'll grid the whole area and start searchin' in teams" Rick examines her map after she neatly places it on the hood of the truck.

"Not you, you have three units of blood yesterday. You couldn't last five minutes in this heat." Hershel stops Rick.

"-and your ankle, if you push it now it'll only get worse. You could be laid up for months" He tells Shane.

"Why'd you have to give blood?" I ask Rick, concerned about what might have happened to someone.

"Carl was shot" Shane exclaims for him. Rick's face determination falls flat and his eye glue to his shoes.

"Oh my god, I didn't know"

"He's okay now" Shane says harshly. He cocks his head at an angle, silently telling me to drop the topic.

I start to say something in return but Daryl interrupts me.

"I guess that leaves me then. I'm gonna head back to the creek" He props his elbow up on the truck and runs his fingers along his chin scruff while looking down at the map. "See if anything comes up"

"Take Killian" Rick switches his finger between the two of us.

Daryl lowers his hands and throws his head in my direction. I nod, letting him know I am okay to go.

"I would prefer if you didn't have guns on the property. We have managed this far" Hershel tells us all.

"All due respect-" Shane tries to argue his point. Rick raises a hand to him to get him to quit talking.

"It's your property and we're guests. We will respect your rules here" Rick lays his run on the hood of the truck. Shane sneers, snatching his gun out of the holster and slams it down next to Ricks.

"-and Andrea. While y'all are out there, maybe you could get a little bit of that trainin' done" Rick tells Daryl because of Hershel's rule.

"Great" Daryl growls at Rick and rolls his eyes.

He throws his crossbow onto his shoulder using one arm, flexing his muscle out. He shifts his body around and walks right past me, brushing his body lightly against mine

"You comin'?" He mumbles.

I follow shortly behind him without bothering to reply. He yells for Andrea as we pass the RV out back on our way into the woods, and she runs outside with a hand gun and a knife to catch up with us.

Daryl and I walk beside one another, with Andrea right behind. I feel her giving me looks every chance she gets, I turn around and catch her glaring me down. I don't know if I did something to piss her off, but I brush it off.

"So what's the plan?" Andrea catches up to the both of us, but refers the question to Daryl.

"The plan?" He raises his eyebrows at her. "Simple. We find any leads we can and work off of 'em. After we look for a bit we'll stop and Killian can train ya with the gun" He emphasizes my name, hitting a nerve in my body that creates goosebumps on my skin.