Chapter 21

Christopher stood in shock as Hugo placed the photos of Skyler's torched car. He rubbed his hand over his mouth as he thought to himself, "Why her?" He cut his eyes to Hugo, "Have they confirmed the body was hers?"

Hugo silently shook his head.

He turned his eyes back down to the images, "Find out. Something isn't right."

Hugo nodded and left.

Christopher continued to stare at the pictures again until Raven came in the office, "Chris.. I can't seem to find my car keys.. Have you seen them?"

He leaned forward on his desk with a flexed jaw, "I took them."

She pouted her lip and tilted her head, "Why?"

He sighed as he eased around the desk, "I want security with you if you go anywhere.. After Blake hurt you in public, I'm not sure what he is capable of." Raven looked down as she nodded. Christopher was shocked that she wasn't going to fight him on the matter, "Wow.. That was easy..  What are you up to? And where are you going?"

"I.. have a doctors appointment..  I did tell you, but I figured that you had work to do since you didn't say that you planned on going."

"Fuck..! Raven, I am so sorry... I'll go with you." Raven shrugged like it was no big deal, but he felt terrible guilt. He held her hand as they walked to the security caravan.

Ravens feet dangled over the cold examination table as they waited for the doctor. Christopher watched as she nervously bit her lip, "What's going through your head?"

Raven kept her eyes in a daze and laughed, "Im always afraid that I'm going to fart when they have my feet in those God awful stirrups.."

Christopher nearly feel off of his chair laughing, "Oh my God! That is like the funniest thing to picture.. Has that happen to you?"

Raven squinted one eye as she held up her thumb and pointer finger as though she was pinching something , "This close one time."

Christopher squeezed his eyes as he continued to laugh as Raven chuckled at his amusement.

As the door opened, they both feel quite as the Doctor entered. Christopher was more at ease when he saw the doctor was female.

After the examination the doctor beamed as she printed the little peanut from the ultrasound. Christopher smirked at their little creation.

As they walked back to the car, Christopher wrapped his arm around her waist, "Raven.."

"Yes Daddy.." she smirked as she said the two words.

"I want to marry you..."

Raven paused as she stared at him. She rolled her eyes, "Don't feel all noble just because I'm knocked up.."

Christopher had his look of predator, "Your not knocked up.. This wasn't a mistake.... And I wanted to marry you before, but I figured since you are carrying my child you would say yes."

Raven was in shock, "Chris, I love you very much, but I want to be sure your sure."

"How can I prove it?"

Ravens eyes searched the street as she thought, "After the baby? I mean kids change everything.. We are still young. What if you meet someone.."

He took a step closer, "Stop right there. I don't want anyone else... And your not going to be someone else's."

Raven looked up and sighed. Her brow then wrinkled and she smiled, "Hey! Rad Brad! Hey!" She looked back to Christopher, "Look Chis its.." She gulped as he cocked an eyebrow, "My.... knitting ....teacher...?"

Christopher growled as he tucked her under his arm and walked to the car, "So, did you really make my sweater?"

Raven giggled, "Sure..."

***************

Raven hummed a carefree tune as she headed outside in her work out wear. She jumped when she heard Christopher's voice behind her, "What are you doing?"

"I was going to knit..?"

"Oh fuck no...! Raven get your hand off of the door knob.."

Raven squinted angrily at him, "Or what? You'll send the dogs after me?"

Christopher raised his eyebrows as he spoke, "Now that wasn't me.."

She smirked, "Good then you won't do it now.."

"Raven! Your... your...?"

"What am I?"

He growled, "exhausting!"