Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I wake up with a massive headache. I sit up on my bed and bring my hand up to my head groaning. The thumping is so loud. I then cover my hand over my mouth and I run to the washroom. I heave over the toilet and vomit comes out of my mouth. I grimace, gross. I fill myself up a glass of water and close my eyes as I drink it. When I reopen them, I groan as I see my reflection in the mirror. My skin is dry, almost pale white, and I have dark circles around the eyes. My hair is all bunched up and knotty. I'm still in my dress so I quickly take it off and put on sweatpants a and shirt instead. I sigh in relief, at least the dress isn't ripped or anything. There's a small spill on the bottom but I know I can clean that out easily.

I hear a chuckle behind me and I turn quickly around to see Felix at my door. “I think you might want some of these.” He says, holding up some pills with a small grin on his face. I nod gratefully and quickly swallow them.

“Thanks.” I wince as my voice sounds a lot rougher than usual. Why did I have to drink so much last night? I'm not normally a girl that likes to drink.

“You okay?” I turn my gaze back to Felix and send him a glare. He chuckles. “Okay, okay, I get it!” His gaze softens. “You shouldn't drink so much next time. It could end up worst than it did.” He says sounding concerned.

“I know, I don't know why I did it. I have too much stuff going on right now I think. I kinda just let myself go. ” I sigh taking another gulp of water. I run a hand through my hair and groan as it gets stuck through the knots. I reach over to take my brush from the counter.

“You can talk to me if you ever need to, alright?” Felix mutters as he looks me over.

I nod. “I know. I'm just not ready, yet.” I reply as I avoid his eyes.

I then get saved by the doorbell. I hear footsteps going down the stairs and towards the door. “Alex! It's for you!” I hear Matt yell at me. Confused, I head down there. Felix sends me a questioning look and I shrug. Oh please don't be Max, is all I beg in my head.

I'm not ready to see him, I just can't face him. Why am I so attracted to him? I surprisingly remember everything from last night, not that I really wanted to. But those soft lips on mine... I shake my thoughts away, I can't be thinking like that.

When I get to the bottom of the stairs, I see Matt standing there, his hair all out of place and holding back a yawn. I giggle a little under my breath. He looks up as he hears the last step crack. “There’s this guy at our door that wants to see you.” He mumbles as he passes me and heads back up to his room.

I get to the door and look at the guy carefully, Felix a couple of steps behind me. He looks about 33-38 years old and is pretty handsome with short dark brown hair and even darker brown eyes. He turns his head towards me and his eyes light up. “You must be Alexis? I heard so much about you.” He says with a sad smile.

I frown. Do I know this guy? “Who are you?” It comes out rudely.

His eyes snap to mine, and I look away in discomfort. “Riley James.” He replies but I'm still lost. I look at him expectantly and impatiently. “I'm your, um, your mom's fiancee.”

My eyes open in shock. “What?” I blurt out. “Wait... are you, are you my-”

“No, I'm not your father.” He replies with a tone of anger and sadness.

“Why are you here?” I ask quickly.

He jumps right in. “I want you to come to see your mom. She misses you and-”

“No.” I say firmly.

“But-” He begs.

“I said no. You can leave now, and don't come back.” I glare at him.