Chapter 2

Chapter 2

“ALEXIS! COME OUT NOW OR IM COMING IN!” I hear him scream through the door. My eyes widen and I stop breathing for a moment. I lay down the book I was reading on my shelf, and sit up on my bed. I unconsciously back up until I'm again the wall.

Damien steps in my room with a baseball bat and looks right at me with his dark brown eyes. He takes a step towards me and I flinch, not wanting to think of what is going to happen next. Why does this always happen to me?! I hold in cries - I know it would just make everything worse, something I really do not want. He takes another step forward and I turn my head a little, cover my face with my hands and close my eyes waiting for him to hit me. He slowly leans in.

“You’re a joke. You’re a stupid whore who can’t stay out of trouble. You can’t do anything right, can you?! Well, you know the consequences…”

He gives out a small shallow laugh. “Don’t tell me I didn’t warn you this time. Are you ready? 1… 2… 3…” He smirks and holds bat up high. I look at it for one last second before closing my eyes again and brace myself.

I scream.

*

I wake up.

Sweat is running down my forehead and I’m panting. I get off of my bed quickly in shock. But I guess I didn't put away my bag last night 'cause I trip on it and hit my head on the side of my shelf.

“Ow…” I murmur to myself.

A couple of seconds after, Felix comes in, a worried expression clear on his face.

“Are you okay, Alex? What happened?” He asks.

“I'm fine.” I say but my voice is a off. I try to sound convincing but he obviously doesn’t take it. “Just bad dreams. It just seemed so real, you know? It scares me…” I try to convince him with. He nods warily but still seems suspicious.

“Oh, well okay. Do you want a glass of water? You’ll need to go to sleep again, its 2 in the morning.”

“Sure.” I reply and I get under the covers again.

He leaves my room to get my glass. I look around and frown. My old room was tiny, with just a small single bed and a closet. But I loved it, I didn't need anything else.

”Here you go.” I turn around in surprise, too lost in my thoughts. Felix hands me a glass. I drink it quickly, noticing that I’m actually really thirsty.

“Thanks. Well, I’ll go to sleep now…” I say awkwardly.

“You should,good night Alex.”

*

I wake up to the sound of the birds singing. I smile, feeling well rested. I frown at that and think. It’s been a while since I woke up in a happy mood and actually well. I smile even wider and jump off the bed to go and dress up. I put on my dark jeans and a simple red t-shirt with a v-neck. I go to the bathroom and fix my hair a bit. I love my hair. It’s long, slightly wavy, dark brown, and almost reaches my waist. I decide to simply leave it down.

I open the door to leave when I ram into someone. We both fall to the floor and groan. I hit my head at the same place as yesterday. I bring my hand up to find it a bit sticky and wet. Blood. I let a little whimper out, remembering the bad memories. But my head doesn’t really hurt and doesn’t bleed that much. I get up wanting to go downstairs to go get Amy to fix me up. I could do it myself but I don’t know where the stuff is.

But then I hear a small laugh that then turns into a big one. I turn around to see Matt on the floor and Sam standing up looking at us. Matt is laughing really bad and rolling on the floor. Sam’s laughing too but looks worried about me when he see’s my head bleeding. I scowl at Matt while walking away. When I get down stairs I see the rest of the family at the table staring at me. They all look at me with a confused expression.