Prologue

*the prologue contains some violence and there will be some further in the story, but it's not too much, just wanted to warn you guys

**this story is not edited, sorry for the mistakes, I know there is some and I will edit it eventually

Prologue

I look out of my window and sigh. I wish my life would freeze right now. I wish time would stop and I could be left alone for once.

I turn my head to look at the clock radio sitting on the bedside table besides me and groan. I only have about half an hour left alone. I start pacing back and forth in my bedroom, not knowing what to do with my time. What could I spend these crucial 30 minutes doing?

My steps faltered as a thought passes through my brain.

Fleeing.

It isn't the first time that it came to me. I always wondered how it would feel like to be out of here, to be free. And even in this moment right now, I couldn't help but wonder if I could, maybe, make it out of here?

My mind lingers on that thought for a moment before I shake my head at my own absurdity, it will never happen.

I make my legs bring me down the stairs to make myself a good cup of hot chocolate. I keep my whole concentration on the task but when I'm finished, I just can't make myself enjoy drinking it. After a few more minutes, I give up and throw the liquid down the sink's drain. My gaze lingers on the road in front of the house again.

I can't help but imagine all of the things I could do with my life if I could get out of here.

With a sudden rush of adrenaline I run up the stairs to my room, my legs aching in protest. They still hurt from the beating I received the day before.

Once I reach my room, I quickly get a medium sized bag from my closet and I throw the most of my things in it as possible. I zip it closed and throw it behind my shoulder before taking a last glance at the room behind me. A lone tear rolls down my face as I take off running out of my room, down the stairs again and through the garage door.

I can do this. I tell myself as I get outside and a gust of wind hits me.

But that positive thought quickly falls in the back of my mind as I hear the familiar roar of his car getting closer. My face drops in horror as I realise that I could very possibly get caught running away, and he would not be happy about that.

A moment of hesitation takes over me, a moment too long.

Before I know it, the black truck drives around the corner and I dash off into a run towards the forest behind the house. I hear the truck accelerate and it make my heart pound faster that it has ever pounded. And that's saying a lot.

I faintly hear the car stop and a door slam behind me, but I am too busy trying to get away and looking down at my feet trying not to fall down.

I hear his gruff voice yelling my name angrily. That alone, makes me move my legs even faster, the trees flying by fast besides me.

Suddenly, pain erupts in my left foot, shooting up all the way through my leg. I gasp as I hit the forest's floor, my head hitting it hard. My vision wavers for a moment and I feel like passing out but I get my bag from the ground and take off again, not allowing myself to give up.

Since the adrenaline is now wearing off, the burning in my legs and the cuts on my body seems more prominent. Still, I keep running for my life, literally. It's a good thing that I'm a fast runner.

That's the last thought that goes through my head before my body is projected to the ground again. I groan and whimper aloud now, not able to contain it inside me anymore. I hear a laugh behind me as I struggle to get up, falling back down in the process.

I try to lift up my head to look at the man that was chasing me, who is now standing in front of me, but my vision blurs from the hits my head took. I blink my eyes furiously, angry that they're failing me right now.

Anger takes over my mind and body as I gather my strength and spit on his feet. "You *sshole." I say to him, happy that what I had on my mind all these weeks finally came out. But that happiness was short lived.

His dark eyes flashed with furious anger as he bends down, grabs me by the front of my shirt, and pulls me up so he can look at me in the eyes. He smirks at me and I cower in fear. "Says the little b*itch." He spits on my face and then leans down again to grab my bag. "Let's head home, shall we?" He says as his eyes sparkle with evil.

I nod, my head bowed down and my shoulders low, unable to do anything against it. On the way back, my body ached and I fell down a few times which made him angrier and kick me until I got up and walking again.

Once we got back to the house, he grabs my arm roughly and drags me up to his room. He closes the door and then turns around to look at me with a smile. He slowly walks up to the bed I was sitting on fearfully and he slaps me hard across the face. "You're mine."

He hits me again. "No one else's," He kicks me this time. "You will not try to run away again," He then grabs me by my shirt again and lifts me up as I whimper in pain. "And you will obey. Understood?" I nod weakly, black spots coming to my vision again.

He was not satisfied. "Understood?" He yells out as he shakes me.

"Yes!" I scream out. "Yes..." I whimper again lowly to myself.

He throws me back down on the bed. "Good, now clean my room. I'll be back in 10." He walks out the door leaving me all alone.

I sob quietly but only for a few seconds, I can't ever let him see me cry. I gather my last bit of energy to clean up his room as fast as possible.

After I'm done, the only thing I'm able to do is fall down on the bed beside me and close my eyes. I know I shouldn't fall asleep, I really shouldn't, but I can't help myself as my body finally shut down. Darkness fills me and the last things I do are wish and pray to get out of here one day.

One day I will be happy again. I promise myslef that.

***

Hope you liked this!

The prologue is a flashback, the story will not be happening at that time but you will know what's going on. hope you keep reading on :)

love you all!