Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“Hop on.” Lily says and I quickly jump in and put my eat belt on. We then just sit there in silence the whole trip. Fortunately, the drive isn't very long, just like 8 minutes. I thought Lily was going to burst, she was so excited that she jumped up and down in her seat the whole way there.

Felix shot me a glance that was saying ‘help me!’ He probably regrets coming now, but I’m glad he did. I’m nervous, it’s my first time in public with my new family and I’m not too much of a fan of shopping either. But it’s true; I need a lot of stuff, for school too. Ugh, school is going to be a nightmare. I decided that I'll go, I kind of need to. I don't think I really had a choice either. Plus Lily and Matt are in my grade so I won’t be completely alone.

Felix drops us off and goes parking. While we wait, I look around to find a giant mall. I live in L.A. now, it’s my first time here. All the people are so different. The girls pretty much all wear small booty shorts and a low thank top that shows their boobs. Their hair is perfectly done and they have flawless makeup. Some wear dresses, but it’s to warm to wear anything else really. I look at what Lily made me wear, I had some short shorts on and a low cut top, I guess I wasn’t the one to judge. But really they aren’t all like that, I guess it depends where you look.

“Alex? Down to earth Alex!” I look at Lily confused for a minute. “Come on Felix is here so we can go now!” she says all excited.

“Yeah let’s go.” I say but I don't even get to finish it as she drags me into the mall. She brings me to a shop full of different colored clothing and my eyes widen. This is going to be something.

*

“Come on Lily can’t we go home now!? I bought pretty much everything that was in the stores. We are done.” I say in a final tone.

“No way! You don’t even have bikinis yet, so let’s go get that and then we'll leave okay?” She says.

“Fine but we need to find Felix too.” I say in defeat.

“Ill text him to meet us at the shop, come on now!” She grabs my hand and pulls me forward.

We start walking towards the shop when a group of teens about our age comes towards us. A girl with dark brown hair leads the way. “Lily!” She practically screeches.

“Sara!!” Lily runs and jumps in her arms. “Oh my gosh, how have you been?! We totally should have hung out more this summer!” They catch up for a couple of seconds before she turns around like she just remembered I was here. She suddenly looks uncomfortable. “Umm guys, this is Alex… she my new sister.”

“What?! You got a sister and you didn't tell me?!” Sara screams, and the whole group looks at me in surprise. “But oh my gosh this is awsome!” Lily looks at her with a surprised look.

“You’re not mad that I didn’t tell you?”

“Not really, I guess it was a big thing for you and you were all busy and stuff so I forgive you. But only if I get to know her.”

“Of course you can dumb girl! I would have left already if that was the case. Alex this is Sara my best friend, behind her is Colin, Max, Julie and Holly. Guys this is Alexis, call her Alex.” I look at them and one guy stood out by a lot. I try not to let it show that I'm checking him out, but I can't help it. Max, is his name I think. His gently spiked up, but not too much, you can see he doesn't spend too much time on it. He's wearing dark swim trunks, that hangs low on his hips. His shirt is slightly up so I can see a part of his stomach, witch has a very toned six pack.

“Hey hottie, you want to come with me later to have some fun?”Max says cockily. I look at him again and frown. He winks at me. Colin slaps him on the back of his head. He smiles at me and say: “Don’t mind him, he’s a jerk. Nice to meet you Alex.” I smile back and nod to say hello, ignoring Max.