Chapter 6

*Don't really like this chapter but enjoy! :) please commment and vote if you think it deserves it! it's really appreaciated. <3*

Chapter 6

I’m lying in a big field. A field full of beautiful flowers and a beautiful pale blue sky up ahead. Hundreds of tiny clouds form huge I look to my right as I see a butterfly coming towards me. I smile and sit up. I reach out to touch it, the bright colors taunting me.

“Alex?”

Oh! It's talking to me! I tell myself in a daze. I laugh a little at this and listen carefully for it to speak again.

“Alex… come on wake up…” Wake up from what? I ask the butterfly.

“Why did this happen to her.” I hear it groan. Why does it sound so familiar?

I can't help but feel confused and frustrated. What's going on? I frown and gasp as I feel pain in my head. I groan and everything turns black. Now I feel stupid, did I really think this wasn't a dream? Why am I asleep though, I don't remember anything.

“Alexis move your fingers or something!” I hear a voice say and I frown again. Who is that? It sounds awfully familiar. And we already confirmed that it isn't the butterfly.

I hear footsteps going away. I then feel pressure on my hand and it suddenly leaves, feeling empty. I try to open my eyes but they don't bulge. I try to lift my arms and legs but pain shoots through. I groan mentally.

After a while, I hear the door open and more footsteps. They start talking again but I don’t really listen. I keep trying to open my eyes but I fail every time. I can feel my body better now, but it’s mainly pain. My head and arm hurts really badly.

After what felt like the 100th attempt to open my eyes, they actually do. It takes me a couple of seconds to actually open them long enough to see something but I finally do. The first thing I see is Max. “Ugh what are you doing here?” I say in a raspy voice. Surprise shows on his face but he just shrugs. Before we can say anything else Lily is in my arms.

“ALEX! I’m so glad you’re okay!” She screams in my ears.

“Um thanks.” I say dumbly with a confused tone as I look around.

“Do you remember anything?” She asks me as soon as she's out of my arms.

I shake my head. “No.”

“Oh, so do yo-” She begins.

The nurse cuts her off before she can finish. “What's the last thing you remember?”

“I-” I stop myself and think about it. “Not much, we were all just going to first day of school.”

“Do you remember anything from your classes? Interactions? People? Teac-” She questions me quickly.

“No.” I cut her off. “I don't, so what does this mean?”

“Well you have a little loss of memory but it will come to you soon. You don't have anything broken, or anything severe. The concussion you have will cause you some pain but it's nothing big and will be fine in a couple of days. You will find a lot of bruises but don't worry about those either.” She says pretty quickly.

I nod slowly, trying to figure out what exactly was my problem. “Okay... but what happned for me to have all this?” I ask confused.

“You, uh, you got tripped by the school's queen bee and you fell on your head while racing Max in gym class.” Lily says in one breath.

I frown. “Oh.” Is all I say.

Lily giggles. “It sounds really weird doesn't it?”

I nod and smile. “Yeah.” My eyes flutter, but I force them to stay open.

“She's tired,” The nurse says to Lily and Max. “you can take her home but make sure she sleeps and she takes her medicine okay?”

They both shake their heads. “Sure thing, come on Alexis.” Max says.

I frown at him. “Call me Alex.”

He thinks about it for a second then smirks. “Nah, I'm good.”

Lily rolls her eyes and grabs me by the arm. “Ignore him.” She murmurs in my ear. “Come on, let's head home.”

As we get out the hospital room I was in, I see Matt walking down the hall looking around and drinking coffee. After a couple more steps, he notices us and his eyes widen in surprise for a second. “Alex! You're awake!”

“Sorry,” He says sheepishly, “I went to get a coffee.”

I laugh. “Don't worry it's fine, just don't do it again.” I scold him playfully.

“So next time you fall unconscious you want me to be there when you wake up?” He laughs.

“It won't happen again.” I frown.

“Okay, okay, let's go everyone.” Max cuts in.

We nod and head out. I pause for a moment as a thought crosses my mind. Lily notices me stopping so she turns around.

“Where's Felix?” I ask her curiously.

She shrugs. “I don't know, I didn't see him in a while.

“Oh okay.” I reply. “Well, let's go.” I say with a small smile, but there's still a thought lingering in the back of mind that's wondering where's Felix at.

*

“So you really don't know where Felix is?” I ask Lily again as we get home.

“No, he’s been disappearing during the day for a while now, well since you went unconscious.” She says with a nervous voice. “He’s out of it, he seems worried all the time and only comes home at night to come and sleep. He should be home by now.

“Hmm weird.” I say to her and then tell her I'm going to bed. But I’m pretty sure I know what he’s doing. I run outside, making sure no one sees me and I open the doors of the shed. He’s standing in the middle, his back facing me. He turns around quickly probably because of the sound of my steps. Surprise shows on his face but it quickly changes to relief. He runs over to me, dropping all of his stuff on the floor, and takes me a big hug. “C-can’t b-breathe!” I manage to choke out.

“Oh I’m sorry! I’m just so glad you’re okay!” He sighs in relief.

“Well It's not like I jumped off a bridge or something.” I joked but he didn't laugh.

His eyes got covered by a distant look and he looked away. “Yeah.” He muttered.

“Wha..? I'm um, sorry.” I say quietly.

“Sorry for what?” He asks me in a confused tone.

“I, well, you seemed hurt after what I said so I didn-”

“No, no, it's not your fault!” He quickly says. “Don't worry about it, it just, um, it brang back old memories.”

“Oh okay.” I reply awkwardly.

“Maybe I'll tell you about it one day.” He smiles sadly.

“I hope you do.” I say back to him and he wraps me in a hug again. Then we both sit down on the little bench and we both stay silent, too lost in our thoughts.

“Why do I feel like I can trust you so much?” He whispers so quietly I barely hear him.

I look at him and shrug. “I don't know.” Is all I can reply back.