Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I wake up in a daze. I look around and I frown, confused. Where am I? I see Felix asleep next to me and I realize that we're still in the shed. A shiver goes through by body and I wrap my arms around myself. I stay like this for a couple of minutes just thinking through some thoughts.

I jump a little when I hear my phone vibrate and it wakes Felix up. I take it out from my pocket and look at the contact. “Shit.” I say under my breath.

“Who's that?” Felix grumbles in a tired voice.

“Lily. We need to get back to the house.”

He nods. I quickly get up and grab my stuff while he puts away his and grabs his bag. We quietly open the door and glance towards the house. It's safe. We nod and both start sprinting towards the door. Once we reach it I quickly open it and we take off towards the stairs. “Oh look, it's Lily and Felix.” Matt says while getting up from the step he was sitting on. “Where were you? Making out somewhere?” He asks with a smirk.

“No!” “Of course not.” Felix and I say at the same time. “Man, she's my sister!” Felix adds with a disgusted look.

Matt laughs. “Okay.” Then he gets up and goes into the kitchen.

I shake my head. “Oh Matt.” I sigh as we get up the stairs. Once I get in my room I quickly strip and get in the shower. After a really long time in the hot water, I get dressed and simply decide to put my hair in a ponytail. Satisfied I return downstairs to get breakfast.

“Leaving in 2 minutes!” I hear Lily scream from her room. I roll my eyes but I hurry through the kitchen and end up in the car 3 minutes later. Lily gets in a minute after me and frowns as she looks at her watch. “We're late!” She says sadly and I hold in a laugh.

We get to school and I groan. I really don't want to go today but I don't have a choice. Felix looks over. “She's not going to be there.”

I frown. “What?”

“Courtney, she's not gonna be at school today. She got suspended for a couple of days because of what she did.” He answers.

“Oh,” I nod. “that's good then. But I kind of want to punch her in the face.”

He laughs. “I wouldn't hold you back.” He says as he shuts the car off and gets out.

I look around as if it were the first time. I know it's not, but I was too nervous yesterday to really look at my surroundings. I travel my eyes from different groups of people to other groups as a shiny black sports car get in the parking lot. I watch it stop and see Max get out of it. I almost roll my eyes, of course he's the rich guy. I see Matt get out from the other side and a crowd of people instantly surround both of them. I then turn around and walk towards the school.

I get to my first, second and third class and nothing out of the ordinary happens. I'm glad, but I'm still on edge, feeling that something's off. I get to my last class and that's when it happens, I get called to the principals office. I pick up my stuff from my desk slowly and walk out of the class. My hands are slightly shaking and I slowly breathe in and out. After a couple of minutes of searching for the office, I finally find it. I open the door to the building and freeze.

I look into familiar eyes and almost drop my books. 'No' is all I repeat in my head. I get a grip of myself and stand straight, a glare directed at the woman in front of me and stiffly nod. “Rebecca.” I manage to squeeze out of my mouth.

She smiles sadly. “Hi dear.”

I look away and clench my teeth as I see the look in her eyes, care. But she doesn't care, she can't! She left me, on my own, because she didn't want me right? She is the one to do that. I cross my arms. “So, what are you doing here?” I ask her with as less anger I possibly can.