Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Life is pretty normal right now, it’s better. I didn’t see Rebecca again but she actually called twice. She wants to talk to me, she wants to explain. Explain what?! That she didn’t want me, or maybe how come I got beat up everyday? Yeah right. Well I don’t care anymore. She ruined my life. Apparently she changed and she wants to apologize, I'm not having that. Why didn't she come years ago? Why now?

It’s been a week since she came at my school and since then I’ve been on my nerves and I’m a wreck. I hung out with Julie a couple times and we’re getting closer everyday. Once you get to know her she’s a really fun and crazy girl! After dinner, I normally go and watch Felix paint or whatever he does. We talk and learn about each other everyday.

Each morning before school, Lily comes in my room and we get ready together. We do our makeup, pick our clothes and do our hair. I can do my makeup on my own now, but we still enjoy doing each others once in a while. We both have little burns on our arms from the hair straightener, I just can't seem to control my hands. We laugh at this every morning, our little inside joke.

I'm catching up in school, I have a lot of homework to do. My teachers are pretty nice and they're pretty open for extra days to finish my work so that's good. Except M. Ruth. I don't like him, he doesn't like me. We avoid each other as much as we can and it works out fine at least.

“Come on wake up sleepy head!” I hear Lily yell at me from her room and I groan.

“Don’t scream like that in the morning…” It sounds muffled because of the pillow my head is on.

“Oh you asked for it!” I look up to see what the hell she’s talking about. I just have time to close my eyes as she dumps a bucket of water on me.

I gasp. “Why did you do that?” I try to say calmly, through gritted teeth.

She shrugs and tries to hide her smile. “It's fun?” she backs away slowly and as soon as she gets by the door she takes off running.

I jump off the bed and run off after her. “I'm going to get you back for this.” I murmur to myself with a smirk. She screams as she sees me getting closer. We get outside and I see the water hose. I quickly grab it and turn it on before Lily can react. I point it directly at her and she gets soaked in a second. After a few seconds of trying to either run away from the water or blocking it, she runs up to me. We fight for the hose and we go on for a while having loads of fun.

Then we get inside and we go to the kitchen to get something to eat. We run in and quickly aim for the fridge when I stop abruptly. Max and Matt are there eating. Lily and I just shrug and continue on but Max just keeps staring at me. Frustrated I turn around quickly. “Stop starring at me.” I hiss and he laughs, his eyes looking downwards. “Is there something on my-” I gasp as I look down. My face flushes in embarrassment as I quickly turn around and take off running towards my room. I hear Max laughing from downstairs. I have a white baggy shirt on, that's see-through because of the water. And I'm not wearing a bra. How come Lily didn't tell me?

I go take my shower and get dressed in a simple blood red v-neck shirt. I put on simple hoops earrings, do my hair and makeup and we finally leave for school. “Look, I'm really really really sorry Alex! I honestly didn't notice!” Lily apologizes again.

I roll my eyes. “Okay.”

“Well maybe I did notice... but I didn't have time to tell you! I only noticed in the kitchen!” She protests and I laugh, but my cheeks burn up again.

“Just drop it.”

“Oh,” She pouts.

“Don't do it again though, okay?” I ask her with a smirk. She nods quickly.