forty

A/n: I'm sorry in advance. Just trust me on this. :)

The night for the house-warming finally came. Camila and Lauren have been running errands for the past few days, just so everything was perfect by the time that they would be having both families along with a couple of their friends in their new house.

Dinah had been coming almost everyday to help with the move, ensuring that pregnant Camila did not do any heavy lifting in the new house. Ally has also finally moved out, leaving the butler with Camila mostly through the day as Lauren was at work.

It had been an agreement between the two not to rush things and to sleep on two separate beds, but last night Camila had really bad cramps that Lauren ended up staying in the brunette's bed, just to make sure that the younger woman wouldn't end up needing help alone in the middle of the night.

Slowly waking up, Camila found herself tangled in Lauren's arms. The raven-haired girl kept her arms tightly wrapped around Camila, with her hands on top of the baby bump from giving it small massages last night.

"Good morning, Laur." Camila said with a smile on her face. It has been a while since the two had slept together, and the brunette absolutely loved the feeling of waking up in the older girl's arms.

Rubbing the sleep away from her eyes, Lauren sat up worriedly. "Is anything painful Camz? Why'd you get up? Do we need to head to the hospital?" she rambled.

"Don't panic, Laur. I'm better now. I guess the baby's still getting used to the new house." Camila chuckled at the rambling woman.

"I just don't want anything bad to happen today. They're all coming over later this afternoon, right?" Lauren asked sleepily.

"Yup. We'll be having our families over later. With the honorary Dinah, Keana and Normani." Camila joked playfully.

"Everyone's excited about the baby, Camz. My mom went over the moon when I told her you were expecting." Lauren informed the brunette, still keeping her arms around Camila.

"What makes you say that, Laur? I'm pretty sure all of them hate me." The brunette shyly responded.

Kissing Camila's temple softly, Lauren held onto Camila tighter. "They don't hate you at all babe. Everyone's just as excited about the baby as I am."

"Whatever you say, Laur. Time to get up and get the day started." Camila sweetly uttered as she stood up and made her way to the bathroom to begin with her morning hygiene.

--

"Lauren, Camila! It's so nice to see you once again." Mike said as the Jauregui family entered the house.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Jauregui." Camila smiled nervously.

"Don't be silly. Call me Mike. How are you Camila? Is the baby causing trouble?" Mike asked happily.

"It's been better, Sir. The stomach pains are coming in more frequently, but that baby's the one that's a pain." She said as she teasingly pointed at Lauren.

"She's been a pain ever since, Mila. So glad that she's your pain and not ours anymore." Mike said as he joined in the banter.

"You two talk about me like I was never a blessing!" Lauren said as she carried Sofi on her hip. Her girlfriend's sister was getting bigger each time, but the raven-haired girl didn't want to miss an opportunity spending time with the younger Cabello.

"When the baby comes, ya'll will be thanking me." Lauren boasted as she went to the couch to sit with Sofi and their other friends.

"How have things been between the both of you, mija?" Clara asked out of curiosity.