twenty-four

Knowing that Camila is probably leaving soon, Lauren did everything in her power to surprise the brunette. With Lauren being the sweet and loving person that she is that has a knack for surprises, she had a good idea on what to do for her girlfriend.

Camila on the other hand was busy with her evening performances at the café, which were now a daily thing, and her rehearsals in the studio were usually frequenting during the day. Lauren never took this against the girl though. Ever since her breakdown a few weeks before the brunette's graduation, Lauren took the initiative of being the proudest supporter of her girlfriend. She would pick her up to and from rehearsals, watch if she had the chance, and even have her friends over at the café for them to watch the girl's nightly shows.

Lauren however, had to leave soon for a business trip in Brazil. Her father's company was planning a partnership with a Brazilian company. Since she was soon to be taking over the industry, her father was keen on sending her there instead.

"Camz?" Lauren whispers as she finds the brunette still sleeping in bed one morning.

"Mm?"

"Can we talk?" Lauren asks shyly. She really didn't want to have to do this early in the morning, but as soon she was given the opportunity to, she wanted to talk her business plans through immediately with Camila.

"Is there something wrong babe?" Camila asks as she stands up and finds her way through.

"Next week, Alfred would be picking you up from rehearsals. Is that okay?"

"Do you have an important meeting Laur? And you don't need him to come and get me. Dinah can drive us." Camila says happily.

"No, it's just that you're probably tired by then, so you might want to lay off doing the extra work." Lauren says worriedly. She really did care for the brunette. Much more that she wouldn't be around.

"Laur, I'm not a kid anymore. I can do it on my own, I promise." Camila assures her.

Lauren knows she isn't gonna win this argument. She just has to try her luck with the whole driving situation then.

"I might have to go to Brazil next week. I have meetings for the company, and my dad wants me to go." Lauren says sadly.

"Just take care, okay Laur? And come back home to me."

"You don't even have to ask. And yes, I'm coming home . To you." Lauren says as she seals a kiss on her girlfriend's forehead.

"Is that all?" Camila asks once more as she cuddles up to the green-eyed girl, her head lying on Lauren's chest.

"How about I teach you to drive?" Lauren suggests.

"Are you insane?!" Camila asks, shocked that Lauren thought of such.

"No, since Dinah won't always be around, I want you to learn. If that's what you want." Explains the green-eyed girl.

"You worry much more than my parents do Laur!" Camila banters playfully. And besides, even though I I probably learn, it's not like I'd have a car to drive."

"You're such a drama queen babe. Come on, cuddle closer." Lauren pleads as Camila scoots over to reach the brunette.

The whole morning was then spent on cuddling, Camila being the one who wouldn't leave the bed for anything but her need to use the bathroom. Lauren not even once complaining, as she loved the girl much more than she loves herself sometimes. These are the moments that remind her that she bagged herself a keeper.

"Don't you have rehearsals today babe?" Lauren asks.

"Yeah, in an hour or so." Camila says tiredly.