twenty-nine

"Laur, you know it wasn't like that." Camila tried to reason with Lauren.

"Yeah, okay. Anyway Camz I have to go. I'm meeting with investors soon and I really shouldn't have them waiting. Drink aspirin or whatever. Whichever soothes your headache."

With that Lauren hung up, no I love you whatsoever before cutting the call. Dinah on the other hand was already used to this scene, as it's been happening way too often for her liking. Lauren seemed to be in a downward spiral with Camila, where nightly conversations would turn into arguments. Mostly caused by an innocent Camila that doesn't really think much of what's going on around her.

"Hey, Mani. Look at this." Lauren huffs as she sees her best friend approaching her office.

"What's that Laur?" Normani inquisitively asks.

"It's an article. Read it to your fancy, I have things to do." Lauren angrily walks out of her office leaving Normani with her phone to look at.

"Coincidence or not? Camila Cabello and pop-superstar Shawn Mendez seen grabbing dinner with each other! The couple was last spotted in their label's party last week, which apparently wasn't enough bonding time for the two. Now do we all still believe in Camila's relationship with the business woman? Or things are suddenly blooming towards a new love affair?"

"Holy hell." Normani exclaims at the sight of the article. No wonder Lauren was fuming angry.

Camila and Lauren barely got a hold of each other after the label's party. Seeing things just go from worse to terrible wasn't exactly what both of them wanted, but things just always seemed to piss off Lauren lately. Camila losing hold of their communication, how Sofi relies on the raven-haired girl now more than she does with her sister, and the fact that Lauren had absolutely no idea that Camila has obviously made new guy friends without her knowing.

Still in Lauren's office, Normani suddenly heard the familiar ringing of Lauren's phone. It was Camila, probably panicking over the article that was fresh off the oven.

"Baby!" Camila panics through the line.

"Manibear at your service, Mila. How can I help calm down an angry Jauregui?" Normani chuckles as she has accustomed to being the one who patches up things for Camila and Lauren.

"She's angry, isn't she?" Camila worriedly asks.

"I'm breathing, now am I?"

"Where is she now?"

"Probably in some meeting. She left about an hour ago. What's going on Mila? You've been fighting way too often for both your liking."

"I hate it. But it isn't true! Shawn and I bumped into each other when I was buying in a salad shack, which he happened to be in too. We talked, bought food, then went to our cars separately."

"Okay, I'll try to knock some sense into Laur." Normani offers and cuts the call. She thought to herself that she should already start being paid for her relationship-mending services.

"Let me guess, Lauser's mad?" Dinah chuckles as she saw an upset Camila lounging in their hotel room.

"I never asked for this, Cheech. All I wanted was to live my dream. But making the dream come true apparently went with ruining whatever I have with Lauren." Camila frustratedly replies, burying her face under her pillow.

"It's just a rough patch, Walz. Nothing a little make-up sex can't fix." Dinah teases to lift the mood.

"You're horrible at being a decent friend, DJ." Camila groans.