thirty-two

It's been a month and yet the two best friends still hasn't decided to head back to California. With bookings, shows and the other things that Camila and Dinah had to attend to, the last thing in their mind was to head back home. Dinah being the one to ask for updates from Normani about the raven-haired girl and her recovery, while Camila continued to play her little stunt with Shawn. It has gotten to a point where the two would just meet up in Shawn's apartment to have sex, which now seemed to be a casual occurrence between the two. Dinah wasn't necessarily happy about what her best friend has been doing recently either, but felt a little apprehensive to overstep her boundaries so she kept her mouth shut instead.

As for Lauren, she was still the same mess that she was a month ago. Same closed off person that she was, except now she gathered the strength to head back to the Corporation resuming all her business endeavors.

"Hey Laur, what are these?" Normani asks as she entered Lauren's penthouse office, holding documents that seemed to have peaked her interest.

"Oh, those." Lauren acknowledged what Normani was pertaining to, but was hesitant to respond to the dark skinned girl's query.

"Since when did you own such a large lot? And these car dealings, I didn't know you owned these too!" Normani shockingly replied upon looking at what the content of the folder was.

"I didn't." Lauren sheepishly replied, hoping Normani would just let it go.

"Then why do you have these, Laur?"

"It's nothing. It isn't mine. I'll tell you when I own it." Lauren dismissed.

Little did Lauren know that Normani took a photo of the document with the lot's address. She wanted to understand the secret Lauren was keeping. Or at least was trying to keep.

"Manibear I kinda have to go. I'm starting to feel upset over reasons again and I just thought maybe I should get out while I still can." Lauren sadly replied. The other girl was definitely bothered by the quick shift in the other's mood, but decided to let it pass anyway. Ever since her break-up with Camila, moody Lauren was nothing new anymore.

The dark skinned girl brushed off Lauren's moody exterior and started to head out too. Entering her car she remembered the address she found in one of Lauren's documents, quickly plugging it into her GPS. If Lauren didn't want to tell her, then she had to find out for herself.

Arriving in a very luxurious street, Normani was nonetheless confused as to where the GPS had led her. Maybe it was a mistake. Or that this wasn't it. But her gut feel told her otherwise. What she saw totally spoke Lauren from a hundred miles away. She couldn't be wrong this time.

Leaving the vehicle and ringing the doorbell on the huge home she saw, Normani's curiosity was building up as each second passed

Leaving the vehicle and ringing the doorbell on the huge home she saw, Normani's curiosity was building up as each second passed. She found two sports cars parked right outside it, which made it even more intriguing for the girl. To her surprise, a blonde woman came out. She was short, but dressed in such a formal manner. Along with the girl was a man dressed in a somewhat similar outfit as that of Lauren's butlers back at the mansion.