forty-two

"Camz, Camz baby, look!" Lauren called from the upper floor of their home as Amelia began babbling as the infant laughed on her playpen.

Coming towards as Camila was expecting the worst, she found herself looking at the doorframe of the nursery with Lauren holding Amelia as the infant laughed.

"You make me feel like I'm caring for two infants, Laur!" Camila uttered as she enjoyed the view of her girlfriend with their daughter. It had been a normal occurrence for Lauren to spend time with Amelia, and the brunette was completely in love with the thought of having her own unexpected family.

"Laur, can we talk about something?" The brunette asked as she nervously tapped on the nursery's door.

"What is it babe?" Lauren asked as she carried Amelia, walking towards the direction of her wife sensing her worry.

"Now that Lia's already 6 months old, could I maybe... Return to singing again? Not the travelling around places kind of thing, but the hiatus is ending soon and I-" The brunette rambled as her nervousness kicked in.

"What made you think I'd stop you from doing what you love, baby?" Lauren smiled as their daughter was curiously looking at them both as if the young one was part of the conversation.

"Just... The last time I went on tour I fucked up. I don't know if I deserve your trust this time, love." Camila sadly said as she looked down.

"What do you say Lia? We both want mami to sing all the time, right?" Lauren cooed at the daughter that was sitting in her arms.

"Ya!" The baby squealed, continuing the babble.

"I've always known that I've had a smart daughter. Heard that babe? Lia wants you to keep singing." Lauren uttered happily as she held her wife closer to her, earning a soft sigh from the brunette.

"Ma-mam-mami!" The baby babbled as she was enclosed in Lauren and Camila's hug. Frozen at what they had just heard, Camila suddenly broke the hug and stared at her babbling daughter. Oftentimes the baby kept babbling random things, but this had been the first time that Amelia finally said the word they've both been dying to hear.

"Laur, did you hear that?!" Camila said as she broke the hug and stared at the infant.

"Mami!" Amelia repeated as she stared into Camila's brown orbs.

"Okay little one, I get it. You love mami." Lauren playfully said as she rubbed the little girl's stomach lovingly.

"She called me, Laur! She called me mami!" Camila uttered with tears falling from her eyes.

Noticing how emotional her girlfriend was, Lauren laid Amelia on the baby rocker as she approached her girlfriend. "You happy babe?" she asked inquisitively.

"I have a daughter, I have you, and a career to return to. Although I'm not sure if I would be the woman I am today without you. I am happy that you're here. Thank you so much, Laur. I love you." The brunette said, enclosing Lauren in a tight hug with her head tucked onto the raven-haired girl's neck. Crying tears of joy, Camila was ecstatic with the fact that she was living what she had always dreamed of having. A loving girlfriend, a daughter, and a house to call their own.

"I could never let go of a beautiful woman like you, babe." Lauren cooed at her girlfriend, still enjoying the warmth that was radiating off of the brunette.

Things haven't always been this smooth for Camila and Lauren. With all the bad that had went on, this was probably the best phase the two of them had been in. Being loving and sweet was always where they both belonged. And from here, it was only about to get better.