Chapter 27

"Tonight is the full moon

    "Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah said as Percy was on the couch with her legs up on Stefan's legs, looking up at the ceiling and playing the water she had gotten out of the air's humidity. It's not like anyone but Elijah noticed though.

   "Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan tried to confirm, wanting to see if it was true or not.

    "That is correct, good looking young one." Percy said, giving a smile while twirling her finger, making the water dance on the ceiling.

   "Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid." Elijah grimly affirmed.

   At this, Damon joins them. "Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

    Stefan and Percy look towards the older Salvatore before giving him a warning, "Damon..."

    "No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena argued, with Percy nodding along in approval in what she was saying.

   "I'll write her a great eulogy."

    "Damon Salvatore, I'm gonna kick your butt if you even think about it." Percy threatened, removing her legs from on top of Stefan's so that she could stand up in front of him and look him in the eye in a challenging way.

    Elena then joined in, "It's not an option, Damon."

    Even if you say that it's not an option, what can you do about it?

    Seeing this going nowhere, Stefan stepped in and looked towards Elijah, "All right, how do we break this curse?"

    "Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

    "The moonstone."

    "A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

    "And where do I fit into it?" Elena asks Elijah, with Percy still not backing down from challenging Damon.

    "The final part of the ritual." Elijah grimly says before taking a wooden box from the shelf. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death."

   Damon breaks eye contact with the sea green eyed girl and looks at Elena. At the same time, Stefan takes Elena's hand.

    Elena looks at Elijah and everyone watches as he opens the box and takes out a jar from it.

    "Oooh. That looks so cool." Percy broke the tension in the room with her comment about the decorated jar, with Elijah trying not to let a tiny smile slip.