Chapter 55

Not gonna lie, I had way too much fun with Tobirama this chapter.

::

Tobirama ran a fingers through his hair, tussling his grey locks with a sigh. The sun belted down upon his naked back as his hand fell to his kneecap, gripping the thin fabric hugging his skin. Left toe rubbing scratching his right shin, the man flopped back, legs kicking up as his back hit the hardwood floor. Another sigh escaped his lips.

"Will you shut up already?" Madara grumbled, not looking up from his scroll as he scribbled away. "Some of us are trying to work over here."

Tobirama glanced up, the Uchiha was sitting behind him, papers sprawled out across the table before him. Red eyes rolled in exasperation as he let out another loud and exaggerated sigh, flopping his arms against the floor for added effect.

Madara gripped his brush tighter, black eyes drilling into Tobirama's head of grey hair — which had already tilted back up so he could gaze out to the open double doors, where half his body hung out over the steps.

"What is it, Tobi?" Hashirama gave his brother a smile, hoping to ease his discomfort. Tobirama didn't look over to him, sitting up and placing his head in his hands, elbows digging into his thighs.

"Everything."

"Everything?" Hashirama parroted.

Tobirama felt a twinge of annoyance. "Yes, everything. Problem?" 

"Yes, you sound like a teenage girl." Madara slammed his brush down. "That is the problem. Now either tell us what's wrong idiot-Senju, or shut the fuck up so I can work!"

Surprisingly, Tobirama didn't react to this, instead swivelling round to face the other two men. Hashirama, who was sitting crosslegged at the table Madara scribbled away at, sprawled himself out over the table, hand gripping the ends of his long hair in boredom.

"What are you doing, Madara?" Hashirama drawls out, likely more bored than Tobirama. "You've been glaring at that scroll for the better half of an hour now."

"I'm doing Fay's paperwork." Madara said with a hint of hostility. "Since she's so busy taking care of those dumb cubs." 

"Paperwork on what?" The Hokage pushed. 

"ANBU." 

"Really? Like what?" 

"Hashirama. Fuck off." The Uchiha bit his lip to keep himself from spitting out his words venomously, his anger pass boiling point. 

Hashirama just sighed and slumped further onto the table. "What about you, Tobirama? Ready to tell me what's wrong?"

Tobirama responded by flopping back onto the floor, arms outstretched dramatically as he sighed once more. Back to them, the seemingly upset man stared out the open doors, watching the village of Konoha tick away from Madara's high seated apartment.

Tracing his fingers over his side pocket, Tobirama's mind could not focus on anything but the box held within. 

'What to do..what to do.'