Chapter 13

"The Akiyama have fought, slaughtered and murdered our kin! Our brothers! Our children! Our mothers and our fathers! The Akiyama, the Uchiha! They are our enemies! And today, we will destroy them! We will avenge our fallen brothers and sisters! FOR THE SENJU!"

"FOR THE SENJU!"

Tobirama remained quiet, watching as his clansmen's spirits seemed to explode with courage, confidence and anger.

Anger for the Akiyama

Anger for the Uchiha

Anger for any who weren't a Senju, who weren't true.

"We fight! Now! And always!" Butsuma yelled, the hundreds of Senju soldiers screaming back.

Tobirama lowered his gaze, unable to watch as his kin took up their swords, and began their march on the Uchiha, on the Akiyama, on Fay.

"Tobirama!" 

The white-haired boy looked up, frowning at the sight of his eldest brother. "Brother."

Hashirama heaved, quickly gathering his breath as he looked up to his younger brother. "What is happening?!"

"The Senju are marching, we're going to war brother."

"Against who!?"

"Against the Akiyama." Tobirama frowned.

"But such a large force? Why now?"

"Their heir.." He muttered. "Akiyama Han, he passed away. The Clan Head's wife is so struck with grief she believes we're the reason...she has not forgiven the Uchiha for her husband's murder, the Akiyama will never forget Akiyama Valkar and Akiyama Han's deaths..and they will never forgive the Uchiha and the Senju..they're marching, against the Uchiha and against us. Father has taken arms."

"B--But.." Hashirama mumbled. "The Senju cannot stand against the Akiyama's full force...everyone will die."

"Yes." Tobirama frowned. "Everyone will, but father is blinded by his pride, he cannot see."

"The Akiyama are also blind with rage and grief, they will no doubt fight recklessly, both clans will wipe each other out."

"We have to stop this!"

"It's too late.." Tobirama glanced up, watching as the Senju marched out of the compound, and straight into battle. "The Senju are marching and we cannot stop them."

Hashirama frowned, eyebrows creasing as he watched his kin march to their deaths.

They had to stop this! But how?

::

Fay's foot caught on a fallen branch, her body slammed against the cold, hard ground, mud smeared against her face, lathering her body. She glanced up, listening as the thunder clouds cracked from above her, the rain pelting down hard on her trembling figure.

Her yukata was ripped to shreds, her shoes having fallen off hours ago, her feet cut and blistered. She had been running for hours, she had no energy nor chakra to do anything.

'I have to make it in time! I have to stop them!'

Fay scrambled to her feet, ignoring her aching joints as she began her desperate run, unable to muster any speed.

'I have to make it in time, or they'll all die!'

::

Saphira was lost.

She was horrified and shocked to hear of her brothers passing, she couldn't sleep that night, crying was all she seemed good at during her current state of mind.