Chapter 47

Fact #4: Fay's favourite food to eat are lemon cakes and her favoured drink is sake which she can hold down fairly well for a person of her stature.

(A/N: Madara and Fay's relationship is on the base level — the lowest it could be other before treading into hate. I plan on changing that. I can promise you this; they will not remain unwilling comrades)

::

Tobirama sighed deeply, running his hand through his hair, lips pulled into a frown. He arched his back slightly, hoping to relief it of some discomfort. Falling asleep in awkward positions was not uncommon for the Senju, who often found himself tussling and turning in the night.

It was difficult to move however with the small figure laying half on him, half actually on the bed. Pink hair tickling his nose, his used his free hand to brush back the thick locks. Fay groaned, just a bit, and he froze for a moment, worried he had awoken her.

When she didn't move, he sighed in relief. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Tobirama yawned. He spared a glance at the woman sleeping beside him, her arm rested on his bare chest — his own arm around her shoulders.

It was a perfect moment. Tranquil and peaceful. He never wanted to part with the sight. Her, laying beside him, the first ray of sun pouring in, and the peaceful expression on her perfectly sculptured face — at least to him it was.

It was utterly perfect. His life, at this moment. With Fay by his side, finally — after everything. The village was going strong. Hashirama and Mito were happy with their beautiful son. Even Madara was warming up to the idea of life alongside the Senju. Konoha was happy. They were happy. Everyone was happy. It was perfect.

It was almost too perfect.

Tobirama held Fay's shoulder a little tighter. It was never his easy, so why was it now? He could feel the worry and fear creeping up inside of him before he shook those thoughts away.

It was perfect. That's all that mattered.

He positioned his arm around Fay's neck, hand on her back as he gently placed her onto the bed and off of him. Tobirama sat up, alone, feeling the cold bitting at his bare skin. He quickly stood up, walking over to his dresser to pick out clothes for the day.

He looked back, sparing one final small smile at the pinkette now laying alone in the bed before disappearing into the bathroom.

::

When Fay woke up, the room was empty, the bedsheets cold, and the apartment silent. She felt cold, really cold, wrapping the blanket around her tighter as she frowned. She looked around the room, sinking further into the sheets of Tobirama's bed when she saw no sign of him.

There was a trace of his chakra, wafting through the air. It brought her a sense of relief, but the empty spot beside her quickly made it scarce.

She went to stand up, feet on the wooden panels when she stopped, eyes catching the sight of a necklace. Fay reached up, gently touching nape of her neck to find no metal chain. Realising she must have dropped it in the night, she was surprised to see it. Before her was her family's necklace, sitting innocently on the beside table with a note.

"Don't go losing it - T" Written in cursive under the pendant. Fay picked up the necklace, running her thumb over the metal as she smiled softly.

Clasping it around her neck, she rose to her feet just as the metal touched her skin. Smiling, Fay began to get ready for the day.

::

"Hashirama told me about your last meeting and I have some ideas to add to your proposal." Mito announced, sipping her tea patiently as Fay scoffed the lemon cakes down her mouth.