Chapter 51

It's been awhile since I last update but to make up for it here is a long ass chapter!

::

When Fay awoke the sun had risen and light bled in through the cracks in the satin curtains, draped over the four panel bay window, fluffed feather cushions lined along the wooden panels, a head of pink hair sprawled across and a blanket wrapped self. Although she was awake she refused to open her eyes, snuggling deeper into the blanket and enjoying the warmth of the sun that served as a blanket on its own.

She shifted slightly at the sound of the bedroom door clicking open, a tired looking Tobirama peered into the room, eyes softening at the sight of Fay curled up at the bay window. He approached her, reaching out a freshly washed hand to brush the hair back from her face.

He smiled, tiredly, softly, and wished to hold her but he didn't dare wake her. He was just glad she seemed fine. He knelt down to kiss her forehead, smiling.

"I'm home." He whispered. 

He pulled back and stood up straight, sighing tiredly as his bones creaked in protest. Muddied boots discarded before entering the apartment, he was left in his blood streaked, ripped, and drenched in mud and soot — clothes.

His armour had suffered some heavy hits but he was relatively fine, just dirty, and tired. So he unclipped his armour, catching it before it could clatter onto the floor, and placed it in the basket of dirty washing. He pried off his shirt, wincing slightly at the uncomfortable feeling that came with wearing it.

Throwing that aside, he stripped till he was as naked as they day he was born, and pulled out a fresh towel, wrapping it around his waist. Rather than travel to a public bathroom a few blocks away, he decide to use the private one he had specially installed for them to use. Trying not to dirty the floor too much, Tobirama softly treaded from the bedroom and into the adjoining bathroom.

The door clicked shut and a few seconds later water could be heard running. Fay cracked open her violet eyes, blinking tiredly, eyes grazing over the clothes littering the floor and the slight tracks of mud.

She gently touched her forehead, smiled, and turned onto her back. Staring up at the ceiling, she waiting patiently till she heard the silence of the water and the creaks of the shower door opening. A few minutes later the bathroom door opened, steam rolling out along with a half naked Tobirama.

His wet hair stuck to his forehead and the back of his neck, dripping droplets of water, running down his scarred back as he tugged on the string holding his pants up. Simple yukata pants, a navy blue, and Fay realised that not wearing shirts seemed to be a growing habit.

He ran his hand through his hair, before rubbing his towel again the grey strands, trying his best to stop his hair from dripping water everywhere. Fay smiled a little, as the sight of a domestic Tobirama made her heart flutter.

"Welcome home."

Tobirama looked over to her, smiled, before walking over and knelling down — kissing her softly. "Good to be back," He whispered when he pulled back and Fay smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck to pull him onto her.

Then he let out a some sort of squeak, pulling back with a look of surprise. Fay blinked up at him, confused. "What?" She asked. "What is it?"

"It was...hairy."

Fay raised a thin eyebrow. "Hairy? It's called hair, Tobirama, I would guess it'd feel hairy."

"No." He shook his head. "Your neck."

"Are you calling my neck hairy?'"

Tobirama sighed, not bothering to reply he placed a hand to her face, gently turning it to the side to reveal a ball of ash red fur.