Chapter 36

(a/n: These next seven years will go quickly. Main things to look forward to:

-Finally, progress in Fay and Tobirama's relationship (romantically)

-Lot's more Madara scenes - non villainy ones.

-Finally get to meet Mito

-and Konoha, of course.

Enjoy!)

::

He didn't know how he felt.

Uchiha Madara was still grieving over his brother's death, which took place mere weeks earlier. Izuna stood against everything Hashirama preaches, and would no doubt scorn at his elder brother for agreeing to such a idealistic future.

Izuna would be so disappointed in him.

Madara could picture it now. The dark haired teen looking down to the ground, running a hand through his hair as he sighed.

"How could you do this to us brother?" He could hear Izuna's voice.

In his little brother's eyes, Madara has doomed the Uchiha.

::

"Madara!!" Hashirama spotting the spiky haired man, brooding silently in the corner, and waved him over.

Madara, of course, did not move. So Hashirama took it upon himself to dash over.

"How are you? Are your wounds healed? Are you settled in?" He bombarded the Uchiha Head with many questions, leaving the man's ear ringing.

"I'm fine, the arrangements are adequate." Madara answered in a gruff voice, arms crossed against his chest and a frown upon his face.

Same old Madara.

"That's great!" Hashirama grinned, not at all upset with his friend's mood. "Come on, i'll properly introduce you to the others."

Madara was forcibly dragged across the room, thrust in front of a scowling Tobirama.

"This is Madara." Hashirama grinned. "Madara, this is Tobirama."

"Yes, I am familiar with him."

Hashirama, realising his mistake, smiled awkwardly. "Yes...well, ah!" His hands clapped together, grin returning.

"Fay-chan!"

Madara looked over to the door, spotting the newly arrived 'Fay-chan'. Now that she was dressed formally and no longer caked in muck, Madara could see what she really looked like for the first time.

To say the least, he was not disappointed. People always said that the Head of the Akiyama clan was of great beauty, and they clearly weren't lying.

Fay was rather short for her age, but somehow looked older than thirteen - her age. She had the strangest hair Madara had even seen. If having pink hair wasn't weird enough, it seemed to glow under the light.

Along with her bright - why is she so bright? - violet eyes, and round pale face, Fay did indeed look beautiful. Being dressed in a kimono rather than blood caked battle armour did help however.

Fay grabbed the edges of her kimono, lifting it above her feet as she ran over.

"Yo, Hashi-kun!" Madara did certainly not expect to hear that.

Hashirama however, positively beamed at the nickname. 

Madara seemed to zone out, as before her knew it, she was extending a hand for him to shake.