Chapter Thirty: Painting

I wait for the nightmares to come but they never do, I slept well all night without seeing any type of face or memory in my dreams. I feel Harry's arms around my shoulders and open my eyes to find that we have shifted in our sleep. He's now facing me and has his arm is slung over my body pressing me against his chest. His head is leaning down pressing his chin to my forehead. Our bodies clinging together as we slept.

The sun begins to peak through Harry's room and my heart begins to accelerate at a dangerous rate.

Today's the day

I have to get up and call Jackie to make sure if she can still take me to my appointment. The one I've been purposely been avoiding for the past week. If it wasn't for Anne setting it up for me I probably wouldn't have done it myself.

I look up at Harry's sleeping face and try to remember if what I heard him say what I thought he said

Did he say he loved me? Or was it a dream of mine? I wonder if he heard me?

My mind goes to the spot where my brain tries to tell my heart what to do. Ordering it to not fall in love and that love doesn't exist but my heart fights back reminding it that as corny as it sound, Harry has always been there for me. Always kept me safe and secure, and I think I might love him. 

My brain tries to convince me that I only want Harry because I'm afraid of being alone and I consider the concept but eventually ignore both my head and my heart.

I look over to him, his curls which have gotten extremely long fall at the sides of his face, his long eyelashes brush the top of his cheekbones and his bow shaped lips are a pale pink, chapped from the cold weather. 

He looks so beautiful I wonder why I never noticed how handsome he really was. How much time we could have spent like this, laying together and enjoying each others company in a different light. It would have saved us all the trouble and drama, it might have even saved me.

I run my fingers through his hair wanting to kiss his lips

I decide against it and slowly squirm out of his arms, hoping not to wake him. He turns to face the other side and continues sleeping. I tiptoe to the bathroom as quietly as possible taking my bag full of clothes with me. 

I smile when I open it, this bag was surely the one Harry packed for me. 

It has the clothes neatly folded and categorized. 

T-shirts on the left, Jeans on the right

I slip on a plain white shirt, some denim jeans with holes on its knees, and my blue converse. I brush my newly cut hair and realize Harry didn't cut it that bad. There are some parts that are longer here and there but It's not that bad. 

I apply light make up to cover the now light bruises on my cheek. Today will be the first day I go outside since the dance, hopefully makeup does it's job and covers up my true emotions.

I stuff my dirty clothes in my bag, brush my teeth and walk back into Harry's room where he's still sleeping. 

7:05 my appointment is at 8:15 but I really have to talk to Jackie so I'll just text her now

*I'm ready*

*Okay be there in five*

I clean up Harry's room a bit and leave him a note

Harry

I'm going to my doctors appointment with Jackie then she's going to drop me off at my house so don't wait up. Thank you for everything, I'll talk to you later.