Epilogue

These past five years have gone by in a blink of an eye, but I still remember the day of Harry's funeral. I still get the pang of pain in my chest at the thought of it. 

I screamed at him a lot, I cried a lot more and I never felt so happy in my entire life. I hugged him so tight I felt like I would crush his body in my arms at any moment. I prayed that when I pinched myself I wouldn't wake up, that if it was a dream, I didn't want to wake up. 

But it wasn't. Harry cried also and begged for forgiveness which was unnecessary because he didn't need forgiving, I just needed answers. And so we sat at the park and talked for hours in the cold 

He explained how when I filed the search for Louis, and we got to the hospital they put him under witness protection program and cut him off from any sort of contact. I cried into my hands as he brought me into lap. He told me that Anne new and that she had originally been relocated to Miami which is why she was leaving but while the fake funeral had been taken place, they found Louis in a town somewhere in Texas, and as soon as he had been given the word he came directly to me. 

Relief flooded my body at the sound of Louis capture. I never thought about how dangerous he could be, and the fact that I kept him so close to me sent shivers down my spine. He was given 20-25 years in prison for rape, assault and a very long list of DUI's.

My mom came home the next month and cried when I told her everything. I remember seeing the pain in her eyes as I told her every detail about what had occurred to me. 

She cried and apologized for leaving me alone. I cried with her trying to cause as little pain as possible, explaining that it was my fault and it was okay. 

I remember the glow she got when I told her I was pregnant, she was sad but mostly excited about being a grandma. 

It was bittersweet. 

After that, my belly grew and Harry and I spent more time together. We graduated in June and we both got accepted to the University of Chicago where he graduated with a Bachelors Degree in music education and I with a Masters in writing.

Jackie moved to Texas with Niall where she attended a small college and Rosalyn moved with her family to phoenix where she recently got a record deal. 

I was skeptical of her friendship when Harry officially introduced us officially, but I grew to love and appreciate her beautiful personality. I learned about her similar disliking of ketchup and obsession of music

Now as I look to them standing in front of the rows of people wearing their peach colored bridesmaid dresses my smile grows and my nerves relax as they both give me a thumbs up. I have been completely blessed with the friends I've had the privilege of having.

The smell of roses and fills my nostrils instantly as I take a step outside, my fingers begin to fidget as I feel everyone's eyes turn to me as they stand. 

My backyard has been transformed into what looks like something from a damn magazine. White flowers line the aisle before me. Chairs are connected with fancy white drapes and petals linger on the green grass, pillars wrapped in white silk ribbon are at either side of me.

I tighten my hand which is hooked around Robins arm as we begin to walk

"Smile you look like you want to murder everyone here" he mumbles 

"You try to be in my position" I whisper back through the grin on my face 

"I could probably look way better in that dress" He whispers back

I search the crowd and lock eyes with a familiar pair of tear filled eyes. I look over to Anne who's standing next to mom, her arms wrapped around my mom as they both cry. I smile at them and nod in their direction, pushing my own tears back.