Chapter Twenty-Two: Paper Plane

A/N So many reads!! Omg thank you all so much, please vote and comment what you think I love you guys!! 

As light rain continues to fall, I tighten my arms around Alex's waist bringing her closer to me. Her hair smells like citrus shampoo and damp grass.The sun fails to shine through the dark clouds outside but the ominous light still manages to poke its way into my room, making it less dark than last night.

She wiggles in my arms and I release her, propping myself up on my elbow. I look down at her sleeping face. Her eyes are shut in sleep, her lips are slightly parted. A single strand of hair falls down in the middle of her face. I pull it back and tuck it behind her ear.

I don't know what it is about her, she's not sexy or mysterious or sophisticated, I've known her all my life and I don't know what it is about her that draws me to her.

It felt weird holding her so close to my body all night, the last time I held her like that, we were in the hospital and she didn't even stay in my arms. When I woke up she was cuddled up against Louis, even though she says she doesn't want anything to do with him, I can't shake the fact that she's going to the winter ball with him.

It doesn't bother me as much that she's going with him, it bothers me that she's going. Alex hates dances, she's never been into the whole, getting dressed up to go dance and mingle with people. I wonder if I would have asked her, would she have gone with me? Would me being in a wheelchair make a difference?

Of course it would, she wouldn't take a fucking crippled to one of the most luxurious dances of the year. I swear people treat it worse than prom. They spend hundreds of dollars to attend something that lasts one night.

I went with Rachel sophomore year, Alex picked out my Tux and everything. I hated getting ready and I hated watching her move around my room like a lunatic, running all over the place, tying my tie, combing my curls back, putting the stupid flower in the front pocket of my coat. I saw her eyes sparkle when she stepped back and looked me over. She looked like a mom proud of her son going to prom. Now that I think about it, I should have asked her to go with me, not Rachel. I would have gladly spent hundreds of dollars if It meant getting to see her in a dress. She would have wanted to come if she's going with Louis, she must really like him.

Dammit, I should have asked her. I should have told her how I felt. I knew that if I told her and she didn't feel the same, our friendship would be ruined. I rather suffer through having her close as a friend than not having her at all.

I sigh slipping off my bed and into Roger

Rosalyn's words replay in my head like a broken record

You cant force love. If you love her, you'll let her be happy

Alex's POV

I reach for Harry's arm which I've used as a pillow most of the night but find nothing. I snap my eyes open to find Harry sitting in his wheel chair at the edge of the window. He's changed into an old sweatshirt and sweats. He's leaning back, elbows on the arms rests of the chair that everyday that goes by looks more and more like a part of him, as if him and the chair are one. His curls are pushed to the side and his curious green eyes are set on mine.

"Hey" The corner of his mouth pulls up in a smile 

"You're up early" I say stretching my arms above my head. I crawl across the bed to sit directly in front of him on the edge of the bed

"Yeah I guess" he looks away 

"Are you okay?" I say pushing my eyebrows together, confused by his weird behavior. I place my hand on his knee and look up at his beautiful sea green eyes.