Chapter Twelve: Cuts & Bruises

Alexandra's POV

Images of glass ripping through Harry's torso and skull replay in my head. His body was tossed in the air like a rag doll. The bike had skidded 15 feet away and his body was left defenseless, falling on the windshield of the car then rolling off the back before finally hitting the pavement. I watched his body remain motionless as I called 911. As I was calling I started to scream. I screamed his name so many times but he just couldn't hear me.

I shake away the images and drop my head in my hands and begin to cry. This is my fault. The reason he's here in this damn hospital is my fault. He will never forgive me and neither will I.

 Harry's POV 

My eyes are closed and I havn't moved, but I feel a sharp pain run through my body with every breath I take. I hear beeping noises all around me and the smell of bleach fills my nostrils.

Where am I? 

I try to focus on the darkness behind my eyelids on what had happened before I woke up 20 minutes ago. I was at Zayn's, I got a tattoo, I traded my old truck, Alex was there, Alex told me something. 

I push my eyebrows together in concentration, trying to remember what she was saying before, before the car hit me. 

My eyes fly open as I come to realization, I was in an accident. I look around to find myself covered in tubes and wires that are hooked up to the beeping machines.The floors and walls are white, the only source of color comes from the brightly colored TV monitor in the corner of the room and the burgundy curtains. I'm in a damn hospital. I look down at my arms that are bruised and cut all over, I'm wearing a hospital gown that's too small for me. 

I look at the only other source of life in the room and instantly smile. Alex is curled up on the sofa in the corner of the room, her body is hidden behind a blanket and her hair is pushed back out of her face, her eyes are shut in sleep. She looks peaceful, beautiful.

Just then a nurse comes in ripping my gaze from my sleeping beauty

"How are you feeling Harold?" Her voice is quiet and high pitched matching her tiny frame. She reminds me of a mouse

"It's Harry and I feel like shit, where's my mom?" I try sitting up but end up groaning in pain

"No, no, you have to stay put, the doctor will be with you in a few minutes. We called her and she's on her way" She injects a clear liquid into one of the tubes connected to me then smiles exiting the room. 

I turn my head to find a pair of hazel colored eyes staring at me from across the room. 

"If you're supposed to be taking care of me, you're doing a pretty shitty job considering the fact you were asleep" I smirk 

I was hoping to get a laugh or a sassy comeback even a smile would have sufficed, but she just stares back at me her eyes beginning to fill with tears. 

"Hey, Alex, I was just kidding" I can hear the panic in my own voice. 

She wipes the corners of her eyes with-

"Are you still wearing his fucking sweater?" I feel the strain in my voice as I try to control my anger. 

How could she still be wearing that douchebag's sweater? 

"Harry I-"

She's cut off by a knock at the door. A man with glasses and gray hair walks in with the same nurse as before. 

"Hello my name is Dr. Peters, how are you feeling Harry?"

"Um good" I mumble. My eyes dart back and forth between Alex and the doctor nervously, I've always hated hospitals.