2 - Too Alone

September 5st, 2030

(POV: Third)

It was the dead of night in Tokyo. Only the power surging through the countless buildings, homes, cars, and street lights kept the city feeling alive. Most of the streets were empty yet many houses showed signs of life. It was easy to see that something was keeping each individual awake. What happened afterward was enough to determine that everyone was up due to a strong feeling of fear.

Alone in an alley was a young, tan man. He was completely out of place from the rest of the inhabitants. Unlike most people here, the individual only spoke English. The beast could tell as such; the man's cries of agony as his innards were ripped apart, strewn aside by blunt, yet seemingly sharp edges of a heavy blade. The dragon stared at the man as he watched the innards flick and twist around as blood continued to leave the to-be corpse.

The dragon's light-brown scales barely glowed from the lights next door. Screams were heard within one of the houses. The dragon looked over to the right to check if the coast was now clear. He withdrew his intense and large blade, stashing it away in a large sheath. His dark brown armor with golden lining was tainted by the color of shredded intestines and blood. He looked over to his comrade. The dragon towered over the young, pale man. The human's black hair seemed to reach over his left eye. He wore a black hoodie two sizes too big. His legs shook his blue jeans as he attempted to walk over to his Buddy Monster.

"... Demios," the man spoke out. "I think you went overboard, like."

"Don't act surprised," the dragon returned. "He was one of Kyoya's wenches. If I learned anything from my short time with Tasuku, it's that people who still carry Kyoya's old will deserve to ... expire." Suddenly, the corpse coughed, exhaling the last bit of air within his system. The pale man's eyes widened as he saw the corpse jerk around. It was trying one last time to live on. However, as the pale man saw the corpse finally accept its fate, he couldn't help but fall to his back. Demios turned to his Buddy. "Right... it's your first time seeing an actual death."

"I was angry with him. He deserved it, but...."

"You're still new to the Purgatory Knights, Liam," Demios returned. He walked close to his buddy before kneeling before him. "I told you the path I'm taking. I want vengeance, and you told me that you were fine coming with me."

"Was this guy an asshole?" Liam calmly asked as he forced himself back to his feet.

"Let me put it this way," Demios replied slowly. "When I was with Tasuku, we secretly planned on betraying Kyoya. Now I need to focus on eradicating anyone who carries his old will. That pile of guts was one of them."

"Then I'll get over it," Liam replied. He managed to regain his composure rather easily. He walked over to the corpse as he put up his hood, hiding his face. Hace knelt in front of the body and began scanning it. "... Looks like this Fella doesn't have the deck case."

Demios looked the other way. "Another unfortunate encounter," he mumbled to himself. "... If we're going to eradicate the remaining Kyoya supporters then we need that power."

"Well, unless this fella somehow tells us where people get them, we're done here."

"I already interrogated him; he doesn't know." Demios turned his back to his buddy and kneeled downward. Almost as if it was on cue, Liam rushed up to Demios and leaped onto his back. The dragon sent an intense amount of force through his legs as he leaped proudly into the air. His intense wings, with only one flap, sent the two of them hundreds of feet forward in a matter of seconds. "We will definitely find one."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------