PT21: CLOCKS TICKING

[21]

My heels had clicked elegantly against the tiled floor of the business company, and although I looked like a professional assistant, I had no clue on how to actually work the 2100's new addition technology...like at all.

Passing rich and modernised people, few had white and intimidating lab coats on, others wore the elegance of a pencil skirt or a suit with blank black ties.

Although this world was evolutionary, most people now a days only wore the simple and straight forward of clothes, only what people called 'misfit' or rather 'crackpots' wore anything different, and were abused and assaulted daily for the looks they received.

Yes, i was one of few who was called out for the way I dressed, but never had I changed my ways to suit them, that wasn't me and I'm positive in a million years it would never be.

"Turn left." A voice in my intercom had spoke, the feminized tone of my blonde sister immediately soothed my nerves and mind from reminding itself- This could be my last mission.

Because, to be fairly honest, this was probably the most threatening mission on my life, having to walk through the building and agency that wanted you use me to their advantage? If they get their hands on me, I'm sure I'll be a goner, along with my memories.

Turning left, I continued on with my journey to Bangtan's of yore boss, someone who at the moment not only I despised, but Namjoon, Seeing as he had taken our long lost best friend and sister away from us.

"You're nearly there, Just take the elevator at the end of the hall, he'll be on the 182nd floor." E had advised in a raspy and anxious demeanor, I sighed under my breath knowing something was amiss with her.

"What's wrong?" I had swiftly hushed, after just missing a mans shoulder as it was coming for my face, I rapidly moved before it could collide.

"I- How'd you know?" She had tried to change the subject along with her persona as her voice desperately tried to lighten, I had then heard sounds muffled on the other side, now knowing the others were with her.

I had then scoffed. "Although I can't see you Esme Cho, I can tell by the tone of your voice and the way it's faltering that you're either uncomfortable or afraid." Although this job was complicating, at least I could openly talk to my ear piece, lots of people were doing it anyway.

"Wha-"

"Is anyone with you?" I had interrupted her either rant or long babble ready to come, I had then heard shuffling. Stepping into the elevator, I pressed upwards. This'll take forever.

"Yes...Jin, Yoongi and Namjoon."

"Okay...Good, Just... give Jin the head set please."

Ruffling vigorously had gone through my right ear, not too disruptive or painful, just enough for me to hear.

"Hello?"

"Fucking hug her you bastard. She's anxious about the mission and I just need you to distract her while namjoon works the ear piece." I had whispered out harshly, till as expected the elevator doors reopened. A female clad of white walked through, her face nearly entirely covered.

I harshly whispered lower then I even thought I could go. Anticipating she wouldn't ask or question anything.

"I'll give you a hint Seokjin. Stroking and petting, she's soothed efficiently if you do so." I barked an unofficial order, before Seokjin had groaned dishearteningly.

"Does she really need that?"

"Yes. I've had to do that to her every night, till she turned 18. Fucking do it you sloth."