PT7 : STUPID

[07]

Did I ever discuss with you how a gun works?

Well to be blunt, the gun isn't the main source of danger if there's one in front of you, it's the mind of the person holding the gun.

If I was holding a gun right in front of you, the look of it terrifying every ounce of power out of you and you can feel the metal against your skin, which is cold and feels void by the way, could you do anything?

Probably not.

Because I would've already killed you.

That's the thing isn't it? Imagine now, it isn't Lark piper holding a gun to your head but a short, blonde and innocent looking E, would you be scared?

I wouldn't.

Her mind isn't mine, her mind has the choice to shoot you head on and watch you fall to the floor, finish a mission and earn $100,000. But me, my mind has taught itself to kill without remorse.

That's why a minds more dangerous then a gun.

"Hey!" Someone frantically yelped. "Stop shaking your leg I need to stitch the wound!"

I sighed. "I don't want you to put that near me E, if that stitch even touches m–"

"Ah!" I screamed in displeasure, feeling and knowing E had just started to stitch my thigh up. I tried not to move around from disgust and thought about killing my next target.

After a while of stitching, and me waiting for E to speak her mind, seeing as when she thought too much she usually fiddled, which she was doing with the thread and needle.

Which for an Assassin, was freaking me out.

"I can't believe you got out of there so easily, I mean you fought against top spot!" She hurriedly finished my thighs stitches before moving to my wrist. She made a grimace towards the wound and I immediately flinched my hand away from her grip and snarled.

She snatched my hand back. "I know he let you go, but there has to be more to it! It's scientifically impossible that he just let you go so he could play around with someone preferably as good as him." E was overthinking it.

I tried to speak up, but her eyes widened in some kind of realisation and she looked to me astonished.

"Maybe, he's going soft on someone."