Chapter 32: Miami Nights

Shai

I squinted my eyes as a sea breeze blew my hair all over. We had just touched down 2 hours ago— getting through the airport was hell. Plus we had a late flight, so it was already late afternoon. The horizon looked like it could suck up the sun any moment now. But it was gorgeous. Sure you’ll ask, what’s the difference between a west and east coast sunset— not much. But I don’t know, I guess being in Miami just made everything weird— the good kind.

“The Setai.” Charlie observed as we walked throught the sliding doors as a group. It was a beach front hotel, hence the ocean breeze messing up my curly maze. We dragged our luggage behind us, Samara leading to the front desk.

“The Presidential suit, yes, under the name Oliveira?” Samara asked. The little brunnette behind the desk punched in some keys, and scrolled a little until she found Samara’s booking. She looked up and gave us a welcoming smile, dropping the key cards in Mara’s hands. From there, we proceeded to the elevator. We were on the 7th, not high considering the fact that it was a 30+ floor building!

Lillie groaned, sluggishly yanking her suitcase behind her. “I’m starving! All I had were those nasty air plane raisins.” She pouted.

Cassie laughed. “Nasty? Yet you had mine too?”

Lillie shot a little face. “Whatever, you’d eat them too if you had another being growing in your belly.” She chuckled.

“Aye Lillie, put the claws away, the suit should have a minibar.” Charlie reminded us.

We were looking for room 456— hey! There it is…

Mara unlocked the door….it had to be the biggest hotel room I’d ever seen! It wasn’t just one room, it was really two, interconnected by a door. There a little kitchen area, a mini table, the living room had a freaking flat screen! And the view of the beach was great! I don’t know, but there just something about the Miami shore that luring me in!

“This is why I got the Presidential, roomy” Samara smiled, chucking her stuff on a random bed. “There are 3 in here, and 2 in the other. You bums choose where you wanna sleep.” Samara added, letting herself fall on her bed. Lillie and set her stuff on the one next to Mara, and Cassie took a seat on the bed adjacent them. I guess that left me and Charlie rooming up!

We opened the door to the connecting room, and it was similar to outside, except it didn’t have the kitchen and everything of course. It just was two beds, and the nice view outside. Plus, we had the minibar in here.

“I call the bed by the beach front view.” I said hastily, throwing my hand bag there. Charlie was quite indifferent as she plopped in the next bed, kicking her heels off. “Owww..” She complained, rubbing her feet. I don’t know who she was trying to impress in those 6 in things.

I popped my head out into the other room. “Oh Lillieeee, the minibar is in here!” Lillie popped out from what seemed to be a bathroom, waddling toward us, barefoot. “Where?” She asked, butting in. I pointed to the corner and she was off!

“Mmm, they have canteloup..watermelon…apples…gahhhh!” Lillie seemed like she was in heaven. See, lately, her craving have been fresh fruit. Which is perfect, cause it’s something she can east non-stop that actaully healthy. “Knock yourself out.” Charlie laughed, coming out of our bathroom.

“Well ladies, what’s our first venture for tonight?” Samara asked daringly.

“Sleep.” Lillie said matter-a-factly, walking past Mara with an assortment of fruits on her plate. By now, it was already 8, the clubs would be open soon. We all stared at Lillie. “What? I’m tired, she’s tired”, she pointed at her stomach, “Mommie and daughter need rest.”