Chapter 20: Wanna Just Hang Out?

70% sale at Forever 21? You already know I was one of the first people there!

I found my way to the dressing room, with a heap of clothes in my arms. If Charlie was here, she’d be proud, wouldn’t she? Pause. Charlie? Sigh.

I don’t know what it is with her! If you already didn’t know, I had Samara and Lillie fill me in on what I missed. More like demanded. Anyways, I found out who Krys was. What a relationship-block. But Charlie let it happen. I mean, just cause a guy spits some game to you, you have to give them your number? She knew what she was doing.

Personally, I felt bad for Charlie in the beginning. I knew her more, I thought she was in love with Trey, and that HE messed with her heart. But Charlie failed to tell both sides of the story sadly. Now I know his side too, and all his frustrations. I think they should stay apart, they’re no good for each other.

Cassie wasn’t wrong at all. I mean, sure it wasn’t her business, but that was some sh*t Charlie needed to hear. Who better to do it than Cassie? I really hope that “firing” was unofficial, because Charlie can’t do that. Just because she was mad. Matter a fact, I haven’t spoken to her since Starbucks. And I kinda don’t want to. Time will tell I guess.

I spun around in the mirror, marveling at myself. I will definitely be getting this red cropped linen blazer. “I’m so getting this..” I said peeling it off. A familiar buzz came from my bag from the corner of the dressing room. My phone was going off.

I dug through my purse, finally getting to it. They were texts rather, from Ray.

Ray: “Busy tonight?”

Me: “No, why?”

Ray: “Cool, we’re going out! :D”

Me: “Really, where? :]”

Ray: “Hmmm, that’s for me to know…and for you to find out!! >:)”

Ray: “Just be ready around..6?”

Me: “Alright, see you there :)”

I put my phone away, wondering where he wanted to take me out tonight. Ray is always so spontaneous, it irks me so! I hate not knowing things, but then again, that’s what I like about him, the randomness. He makes daily life…fun. Do I make sense?

I sorted all the things I wanted to buy, standing in line, waiting to pay. I wondered about what Ray could possible have up his sleeve….

*

“You said be ready 6, it’s 7:30 bro!”

I called up the stairs, with my hands on my hips.

All the times he made fun of how long I took to get ready, it was only right that I got my revenge.

“I’m sure your make up looks fine Ray, let’s go!!”

He hopped the steps by two, dressed ever so casually. He had on a grey beanie, a black and grey horizantally stripped sweat shirt, with some fitted dark wash jeans. He had sneaks’ on too. My extra a/ss had 5 inch heels on, red ones to be exact. Dark wash skinnies, and a black, flowy, one shouler top.

“Thanks to you, I messed up on my eye liner, gosh Shai!” He said, rolling his eyes sarcastically before he scrunched his face into the cutest grin. I loved those grins, they always made those eyes of his squint up. Too adorable.

“I didn’t know it was so casual, should I change?” I asked, a little apprehensive. He took my hand, leading me to the door, as he opened it. “Nahh, you look fine for where we’re going anyways.”

I took a seat in his car as he started the engine. “And that would be…?” I asked, waiting. He backed out the parking space, looking back as he inched out cautiously. “You’ll see..” He teased. “Ray!” I said in exasperation, smiling.