Chapter 7: What Just Happened Here?

My eyes cracked open to loud giggling. I rubbed my hazy eyes and sat up in bed. Last night was mad crazy, wow. I sat up slowly, feeling all sore from all that dancing in heels.

I flipped on the light in the bathroom, looking at myself in the bathroom mirror. Last night was..hmm. Samara & Jacob sure do know how to throw down. Trey. Hmm, hmmm, hmmmmmm.

*

As I went down the stairs, I heard the clanking of pots and pans. Who’s making breakfast? There in the kitchen stood Eva’s small self in an over sized t-shirt, seemingly belonging to Ray. Well, we all know what they did last night.

I plopped down on the counter stool, loudly, to make my self known. She turned around with a cheery smile but it quickly disappeared. I guess she thought I was Ray. “Good Morning Shai.” She said curtly. “Eva.” I said back flatly. I don’t have to be polite to her, just civil and that was civil enough. There are plenty other things I could say.

She grabbed the flour, attempting to pour it in a bowl. Ploom. A dust cloud of flour sprinkled on her and granite counter top. What the hell is she trying to make?! ”Eckkk.” She complained annoyingly. “What are you doing?” I asked, trying to make her look stupid. “I’m trying to make french toast, you know french, screams romance, doesn’t it?” She replied, trying to clean herself up.

Is she stupid? Wait, I’ll answer that myself; YES. “Um, you make french toast with bread, you don’t need any flour.” I stood up, grabbing a loaf of bread. “Well you make it then, you make all his meals anyways, like a little servant girl.” She pouted her lips, then smiled wickedly, exiting the kitchen. I was going to come back with something real mean, but Ray waltzed into the kitchen.

“Morning baby!!” Eva said, a little too energetic, I mean, it’s morning time. Ray chuckled, taken aback by her excitement. “Morning bae.” She came over to him and looped her arms around her neck, giving him a peck on the neck. I happened to look back at them and she was looking dead at me. I told you guys, I have a jealously problem. I glowered to myself.

“Last night was amazing, I’m still sore..” Eva cooed, loud enough for me to hear. My mouth made an ‘O’ in shock. What a tart! Like really? I purposefully dropped an egg on the floor. They both jumped. But Ray had the nerve to ignore my existence. Oh, okay then. Let’s ignore the fact that I’m standing here.

*

I made them their stupid breakfast as quick as I could, getting back to my room. I didn’t want to leave my room at all, I just wanted to write all day. But a shout of my name sort of ruined that plan.

“SHAI! PHONE!” I went down the stairs, two at a time. I don’t own a cell phone yet, for obvious reasons. Ray looked all irritated, holding the phone out to me.

“Hello?” I asked apprehensively; Ray didn’t tell me who it was. A deep voice answered. “Shai? Hey, this is Trey, we met last Friday, and the party yesterday?” I smiled, remembering last night.

“Hey Trey, what’s up?” “Well, if you’re not busy, I was wondering if you wanted to go out. I mean, like, go to a park or something..?” I smiled to myself. “Sure.” “Okay, I’ll be there in 15.”

Why a random trip to a park? I have no idea, I guess we’ll see.

*

“We just have to make a quick little stop by my Mom’s place though.” Trey explained as he pulled up to a curve. It was a quaint little peach house. “You can come out if you want..” I was already exiting the car as he asked; I don’t like waiting in cars.

A pitbull came trotting over to us, Trey squatted down, petting him. “Hey baby Roc, what’s up buddy?” He scratched the back of his ears. The pitbull then came over me, I tensed up; dogs don’t normally like me. He sniffed my leg and wagged his tail. “He likes you, wow.” Trey laughed. “He doesn’t like strangers, well except Char—” He face looked regretful as he trailed off. I bent down, petting baby Roc, as I wondered whose name he was about to say and why he didn’t say their name.