Chapter 9 - Breaking News

MINA POV

A couple of months have come and gone, the days and time flew by as the news about me and Jimin breaking up hit the press, just shortly after me returning back to work. Breaking News, Hundreds of conspiracies, twists, statuses, you name it. It was so chaotic. Our fans went into a complete frenzy. Bombarding our social media's, wanting more answers, more information then what me and Jimin agreed to release. Giving them a bogus answer, saying we split due to other commitments concerning our career paths. On mutual terms, that we still love each other deeply, but our professional lives are putting a strain on our personal one. You know the answer that every high profile celebrity gives to ensure that neither party is effected with serve backlash from the public. Which in all honesty, I agreed too, because I don't want my personal woes to be known to everyone. And in this profession that I have chosen for myself, I still have to see him and work with him from time to time. When we are performing or attending the same shows. I greet him, but I don't say anything more. It's so weird that the person I spent so much of my  time and life with, has now become somewhat of a stranger to me. And it does still hurt seeing him, knowing that what we had, will never be. I can still feel my blood curl, when he greets Momo. It still weighs heavy on my heart and mind.

But the pain that I felt months ago, I can feel subsiding. Yeah.... At times it stings, I ain't going to lie, and I still find myself, wanting to tell him every detail about what's been going on or wanting to congratulate him on the phenomenal success he and the rest of BTS are having. But just when I am about to, I find myself staring blankly at my phone, as I read the caller I.D, I put him under. "CHEATER". Bringing me back to reality, making me relive tiny pieces  of fragments from that torturous day.

As for me and Momo, well you can say that we are on talking terms, to a degree that is. During working hours, I talk to her as if nothing that happened occurred. I joke with her has if I don't secretly want to strangle the life from her. Practice, travel, performing, broadcasting. I maintain a professional front. Because even though after everything Momo has put me through, I still firmly believe that she does deserve to be here with everyone. Momo works and commits just as hard as any of us, she never loses focus or drive. Her determination is something that I admire in her and that will never change. But when we have group gatherings, team bonding sessions or just us girls planning to get together. I act as if she doesn't exist, and to be completely honest, at this stage that is exactly how I want it. Maybe in time things might heal between us, but for the moment being , its best we keep our distance outside of work.

TIME SKIP [30mins]

Momo POV

I silently watch as the other girls practice and practice. Giving everything that they have into our big up and coming concert. All of them cheering each other on, trying to uplift our morale.

=========================

FLASHBACK

"Momo, what's wrong?" Dahyun consoling, but if she were to find out the truth of why these tears fall down my cheek. She would surely come to hate me. And just the thought of that alone terrifies me. Losing not just my best friend but the rest of these girls, I don't know how I would cope.

"Momo... Please answer me!." Dahyun begs.

"You can tell anything?"

"Are you sick?."

"Do you need me to get you anything?"

"Momo. you need to tell me, I can't help you if you don't speak up." Dahyun bombards me with questions, questions that I know the answers too, But I can bring myself to speak. 

"Please Momo... I have been watching you these past weeks and you haven't been acting yourself. Is this because Mina isn't here? Are you worried about her? Because if you are you don't have to suffer by yourself, you can tell me. The rest of us girls are feeling her absence as well.... So please, just tell me." She pleas for anything other than my ugly sobs.