Chapter 14 - Wounded Hearts

====

JUNGKOOK POV

====

'1,2,3 step...ah, hit 1,2,3 step.'
Again
'1,2,3 step..ah'

"Shit!" I shout in frustration, as I mess up the choreography again. My breathing ragged and rough, my body feels heavy and stiff. Standing alone in this empty studio, staring helplessly at my pathetic self in the mirror that is meant for more than one person. I drop my head in defeat, as my mind becomes clouded of thoughts of Mina. My heart and soul yearn for her, but how am I meant to face her after everything that's happened?. I'm scared she will push me further and further away. When all I want to do is hold her tightly in my arms, I want to feel her, I want to be with her. But I know, I'm asking for the impossible. I know that my selfishness will only cause our situation to become more difficult.

A month or so has passed and Mina and I haven't had a chance to speak about that day. It's frustrating, but I guess for the time being, it's for the best. I tried speaking with Mina a few days after what happened, thinking a few days was a reasonable amount of time to let things settle. But she proved me wrong when she asked for more time, than I was willing to give. In spite of my own wants, I agreed to wait until she was ready. Counting down the days, hopefully that everyday prior to today was the day she would cave and message me. And with each passing day, with nothing, I could feel it slowly chipping away at my heart. I just wish she would message me at least, surely she must know how much this is effecting me, just as much as it is her.

Me and Sana, I see and hear from her every now again. Mostly in passing, or when she needs to pick up some of her things or just minor things. I get the odd text here and there, from her calling me all the names under the sun. I deserve it, so I don't bother replying back trying to defend myself. But then I get the odd text from her asking if we can talk about things. I reply and say yes, because I know that she wants closure and if I can smooth things out with her, I hope it might make things a little less harder for Mina. Twice I've tried to be civil with Sana, but it never lasts, we end up arguing, with her not liking my truths to her questions. I know she is hurting, I know. But there is only so much I can tolerate too.

===

FLASH BACK

===

A week has passed since the a bomb exploded within my life. Sana finding out that it was Mina who gave me the Hickey.

I'm sitting at the table, while I have a quick breakfast, before starting my day. It's already 9:28am and I've overslept. Lucky for me, it's a day off and I don't actually have any plans besides going for my run and maybe just coming home and sort through my emails. Nothing special. Suddenly my phone begins to ring and without even checking who it is. I answer straight away. Hoping the other person on the other end is Mina.

"Hello?" I say, still oblivious to who it is calling.

"Hey, are you free to talk?" Then like a snap of a finger, My heart sinks, at the realisation its not Mina. "Um, sure." I say disappointed. "Is it okay if we can talk in person?" Sana asks hesitantly.

I pause for a second contemplating. But even though I contemplate. I say "Okay."

"Okay, I'll be over in 30 minutes." Sana says before hanging up the phone.

30 minutes pass and I hear a knock at the door. I open it to find Sana standing there. "Hey, come in." I say, slightly moving aside giving her space to come in. As she enters, I shut the door and I turn just as I see her walking into the kitchen and taking a seat at the kitchen table. I walk over to where she is and sit across from me. My mind is reeling to know what it is that she wants to speak to me about. I guess it has to do with me and Mina, but what exactly, that's what I want to know. We both avoid eye contact, as we sit in silence listening to the ticking sound of the clock.