CHAPTER TWENTY - ONE : THE START ( III )

" Well, aren't you a beauty? " I felt a cold chill on my face and as I opened my eyes, an unfamiliar face was up to mine, his hand caressing my cheek. I shot myself up, standing up as more than a few guys were on the roof. It was okay. At least it was still morning. I wasn't asleep for that long.

" Look at that. She can move " a man said, sharpening his dagger before he mumbled under his breath, " thought she was dead ".

" Oh she's very much alive " another one said. My adrenaline was kicking in as they all stared at me.

" You do realize who I am, right? I can kill you all right here " I growled. Dagger Boy swung his mini sword around before getting off from leaning on a few boxes. He walked towards me but I stayed where I was, his dagger grazed my cheek and I bit down on my teeth, bretahing heavily through my nose to stop myself from lashing out at him.

" You won't be able to kill any of us, darling. There is 12 of us and one of you. Do the math " he grabbed my chin in his hands, the dagger pressing into my mouth.

" Maurice! We're not gonna kill the girl " one of them yelled. He stopped and turned before looking back at me. Before he could do anything else, I pulled the dagger away from my mouth and threw it down the building.

" Nick! " I screamed. Maurice tackled me to the ground angrily. I couldn't use my powers, it'd show too much. Half the people in this city already hated me.

" You little - " he punched me and I cried out, feeling a sharp pain through my mouth. The others laughed, clearly enjoying this. I writhed but Maurice laughed.

" Nick! " I cried again, tears started to spill from anger. Why wasn't I so strong anymore? I looked around to see a small boy being held by a few of the guys. He had a little device in his hands that looked like a little Nintendo thing as he used it. Oh no. It's another scientists taking my abilities away. And apparently my stamina. And my strength.

" Boss! " I recognized that anywhere. Everyone turned to see a tall lean boy. Nick and a lot of people.

" Another gang? Are you for real?! " The little boy shook the boys off of him and threw his device on the floor, " I'm done, bro! " he climbed down a ladder as some of the boys looked at each other.

" Hey! Mom said you have to listen to me! Get back here! " A few ran after him shouting at him. I kicked Maurice and punched him before his shadow grew. It was menacing and angry, my rage was boiling to the top. Nobody ever threatened me. I watched as Nick and the gang clashed together, fighting in a rooftop of a big gym. Never thought I'd see this before. All of their shadows grew and I felt my feet rise from the ground.

My nose scrunched up furiously as shadows were everywhere. Three grabbed Maurice and he screamed, the shadows breaking his arms.

" You're gonna regret everything " I lowered down to his eyes. Through his eyes I could see pure fear. And one more thing. Her.
A girl that wasn't me. She looked angry and murderous. It was me. My breathing slowed and I realized  everybody was staring at me. I lowered him down as he panted heavily, searing at the pain. The shadows all went normal and it was quiet. Not even the wind could be heard or the sound of my quiet breathing, " don't ever come back "

Maurice didn't hesitate to take my mercy lightly. He got up and ran as fast as he could along with his gang, brushing past Nick as they all went down the ladder. A few jumped and surprisingly made it safely as they ran. It was quiet as I stood there,my hair flowing wildly in the wind although you couldn't hear it. Nick and the rest if them didn't question me as they made a path for me to get to the ladder. I climbed down and went inside where everyone had no idea what just happened. They were all training still and don't notice me as I slipped through and into a small room.

~

" What was that? Who was that? " Nick and the rest who witnessed my transform were in a room. They all kept their distance except Nick who was clearly the only one that was gonna be talking.

" It was me " I whispered.

" That thing was not you! "

" Yes it was! " I lashed. He took a step back including everyone else, " it's a part of me whether I like it or not! It will always be here inside of me! It's not like I can just tell it off and it'll go away! This is life! It's all a game of life, alright?! " I was crying angry years as I banged my fist on the wall behind me, " leave me alone "

" But we want to - "

" Leave me alone! " I yelled. I stayed facing the wall, hearing them all walk out one by one. I slid to the floor, hugging my knees to my chest. Was this how every single day was gonna go by? Me in the end alone and crying thinking about everything like a character  in a book? I wonder what chapter I'd be on by now. Will the author let me die? Will the reader feel bad for me?

"  It's Lacy " a voice sung. I turned to see one of the girls come in. She grabbed my hand and pulled me up a bit as I wiped my nose, " look. Me and a few others are gonna be going out tonight. Come with. " I didn't even have to answer before a few more girls popped their heads in.

" Please? " They all said. I laughed, wiping the rest of my face off and nodded. They all busted in, cheering. I smiled as they pushed me out.

" Oh this is gonna end horribly "